Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Am I ever good here?

Ok first hand I am posting. Here we go:

UTG is 60/8/0.5

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

River: (15.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

I know i should have capped the flop and led the turn, but I was planning to raise the Turn again. After the c/r by UTG
I totally felt I was crushed here but couldnt lay it down. Should I bet the Turn in the first place? I didnt want to give a freecard because UTG looked like on a FD. Is this clearly a turn fold? I was thinking this guy's stats look like he's a moron maybe he'd do some crazy spew move. But prolly I am the fish here? What do you guys think?
Old 06-24-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Am I ever good here?

You must bet the turn, no reason to think your hand isn't best when they check to you. Once UTG check/raises you're probably toast, but you gotta call since you have 8 outs against 2 pair. On the river you counterfeit some 2 pairs so it's an easy call. I would call a blank river in a pot of this size against a relative unknown.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:40 AM

UTG is 60/8/0.5

I find those guys so frustrating to play against. They'll limp with AA UTG. You never know what they have. I'll leave the game and come back where I'm on the Button/SB/BB when they are UTG, so I can call with 98s etc. after he limps and gets raised and there are 3+ opponents in the hand.

If he's exactly the type player I am thinking of, the only time he raises is in the SB/Button, when he has a hand, but would prefer not to see a Flop, or let the blinds in cheaply. They almost never raise UTG/HJ seats.

I agree with Sharpie, however, on the Turn I have little doubt that I am beat by K9/KQ, but calling down on Tilt, as they sometimes ck/raise the Turn with less than the Nutz, but usually with Q9, they are ck/calling you to SD.

However! You never know and it is AA.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once UTG check/raises you're probably toast, but you gotta call since you have 8 outs against 2 pair. On the river you counterfeit some 2 pairs so it's an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]