Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: 50NL Flopped set against a decent villian

well im sure this villian wouldve 3bet AA pf or atleast raised the flop also probably the same w/ AK. I def think villian could have 99/44, maybe KQ which seems to be tryin to get to sd cheap. But i would think givin the board is pretty drawy villian wouldve bet or thrown in a c/r w/ a set?? There aren't any 2 pair combos that make since for this villian. So after villian c/c im thinkin probably some weak 1 pair hand probably wantin a cheap sd, some type of draw, and possibly slow playin set. From what ive seen him play draws it seems as though he is aggro w/ them when he is the pfr or aggressor in the hand when he is a pf caller seems to play them more passive. And like i said he does seem to mix it up a little so is capable of slow playin hands. I just wanted to add these as my flop thoughts I kinda want more feedback on the turn b4 i continue...

and if it helps my image is probably like 21/18/8
Old 06-23-2007, 06:55 PM

orange thanks for posting that link, some really good discussion on that and the HSNL thread you linked. EVERYONE READ IT. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 09:37 PM

why wouldnt u bet here?!?!?! he could have a zillion hands that we totally dominate here. i honestly cant think of one reason that we wouldnt bet here?!?!?! am immissing sumtin?!?? does he honestly only call with a flush draw. that seems completely retarted.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:56 AM

well i ended up checkin...I thought this guy was decent enough to raise flop or atleast bet turn if he had a set. Like i said on flop I figured if villian had like TPTK or like AA there wouldve been a raise and i really didnt think villian would take such a passive/weak line w/ these hands. I have seen villian call down w/ draws before and have seen him slow play strong hands so i really felt villian was on a big draw here and probably hit the turn slow playin. I felt if i bet i was probably only gettin called/raised by a better hand. Obv villian could donk off w/ KQ but i think he is good enough to fold that here. This could be a wierd played like JJ/QQ but im sure a bet folds that out as well here on the turn. Maybe i am givin villian too much credit though??

Well the river pairs the board villian makes a weak like 1/2 PSB i raise he calls and has the nut flush...maybe im just being results orienated but i thought a check was goot here???
Old 06-24-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well i ended up checkin...I thought this guy was decent enough to raise flop or atleast bet turn if he had a set. Like i said on flop I figured if villian had like TPTK or like AA there wouldve been a raise and i really didnt think villian would take such a passive/weak line w/ these hands. I have seen villian call down w/ draws before and have seen him slow play strong hands so i really felt villian was on a big draw here and probably hit the turn slow playin. I felt if i bet i was probably only gettin called/raised by a better hand. Obv villian could donk off w/ KQ but i think he is good enough to fold that here. This could be a wierd played like JJ/QQ but im sure a bet folds that out as well here on the turn. Maybe i am givin villian too much credit though??

Well the river pairs the board villian makes a weak like 1/2 PSB i raise he calls and has the nut flush...maybe im just being results orienated but i thought a check was goot here???

[/ QUOTE ]wut exactly do u do when another spade hits and he leads for 2/3rds pot on river?!?!!?
Old 06-24-2007, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wut exactly do u do when another spade hits and he leads for 2/3rds pot on river?!?!!?

[/ QUOTE ]

fold, but the 4th spade hits less often than he fills up
Old 06-24-2007, 06:06 AM

One thing to consider is that villain is unlikely to hold the ace of spades unless he has the made flush, since he's probably not calling out of the blinds with A9o, and he's probably not floating out of position with AJo. It's hard to imagine that we wouldn't have heard from aces by now. Ergo, the only hands he's likely to be holding with single spades in them are hands like TsTx, or 8s8x. And villain is probably not dumb enough to draw out of position with a one-card ten-high flush draw. On the upside, this means that we can protect our hand VERY effectively against single-spade hands, but the downside is that unless villain is taking a silly line with an underset, our money is going in bad if villain does anything but fold to our bet. The net result is that most of the time we take down a medium-sized pot, and the rest of the time we play a huge pot as a big dog.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:19 AM

I'm not sure about $50NL, but at $25NL bet/call a pot size raise and check/call a pot size bet from the average player, then check when the flush draw hits is almost always the flush. Made hands checkraise the flop. Weak made hands might checkcall the flop, but they aren't calling a big turn bet unless they are complete fish. I usually check behind and call the river bet.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:46 AM

I really like how you played this. Even if villain has KQ we are maximising value as he will probably fold to a turn bet but might well bet out on the river.

Nh.