FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group One: 8 vs 9
The Mask 36 25.53%
Batman 105 74.47%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Ask a Catholic?

[ QUOTE ]

Sigh, we didn't come from monkeys. Oh yeah, you know the bishop of rome, and he's the one who's always right eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not precisely.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I believe what your asking here is why Catholocism over all else. To be completely honest, i was raised Catholic but didn't choose to follow Christ until a few years ago. Christ is the way the truth and the life and through the Eucharist he gives himself to mankind.

[/ QUOTE ]

What (exactly) does choosing to follow christ mean if you're raised a christian? And what made you become more serious about religion?

Why do you find it so hard to answer questions about evolution, Adam & Eve and the age of the universe directly, and instead resort to humor and deflection? Surely you should stand up for your beliefs, whatever they are?
Old 06-24-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I believe what your asking here is why Catholocism over all else. To be completely honest, i was raised Catholic but didn't choose to follow Christ until a few years ago. Christ is the way the truth and the life and through the Eucharist he gives himself to mankind.

[/ QUOTE ]

What (exactly) does choosing to follow christ mean if you're raised a christian? And what made you become more serious about religion?

Why do you find it so hard to answer questions about evolution, Adam & Eve and the age of the universe directly, and instead resort to humor and deflection? Surely you should stand up for your beliefs, whatever they are?

[/ QUOTE ]

Means i'm going to create a personal relationship with the son of God.

Going to a lot of youth group retreats and stuff really got me realizing that this stuff was real, and the people i met there changed my life, and i knew there had to be something behind it.

Humor and deflection = bbv4lyfe. neways

If u want me to go log up some sources from the intranets finding Catechism quotes i gladly will.

The main thing is, those are sub topics in a broader perspective of what really needs to be seen. Do you want me to follow through with research?
Old 06-24-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If u want me to go log up some sources from the intranets finding Catechism quotes i gladly will.

The main thing is, those are sub topics in a broader perspective of what really needs to be seen. Do you want me to follow through with research?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm like to know what you, personally, think. If you've never thought about it and I'm just gonna get canned answers then it's not that interesting.

Anyhow, all the catechism does is carefully avoid saying anything that could actually be contradicted by evidence, assert that humans have souls and that God had a hand, err, somewhere, though they don't say where. And your statement that we didn't 'evolve from monkeys' is contradictory to the catholic church's position in the first place. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
y are all the priest in ur religion doing the whole Micheal Jackson move? I mean comn no other religion has this going on

[/ QUOTE ]

As sad as it is, pedofelia is everywhere, the media exploits it in religion because they know it will create controversy and they will make more money through that controversy, imo.

Catholocism is the biggest church in the world, it's a giant target as is other big religions.

The media will be exploiting every human error and flaw in anyone they can.

[/ QUOTE ]

very good answer gotta give u props for that
Old 06-24-2007, 09:11 AM

Have you seen this link . How does this video compare with your beliefs. Also, my mother made a career change about 10 years ago and has been an ordained Lutheran minister for about 6 years. Your thoughts on opening up the Preisthood to women?

As a side note, are you from the Ville or just going to school there. One of these days I'm going to take a road trip to watch the Big Red in Death Valley.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen this link .

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hit it.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, you better capitalize my name next time you type it.

And why haven't I received any responses to my questions/statements?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am getting flooded, please repost or message me! I can't handle the pressure! get to the choppa!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, it was only 2 things, this:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So you believe that crackers and wine turn into the literal body and blood of Jesus? Do you [censored] not believe in metaphors?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the bible, jesus would have been like JK!!! about they body and blood...but he didn't say it. he was like i'm super serial guys, they were like woah. yep.

[/ QUOTE ]

But catholics don't follow the bible, hardly at all, literally or figuratively. What about the other discrepancies?

[/ QUOTE ]

And this:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do u believe in the teachings of the old testament? specifically:

that if u had a daughter u would sell her into slavery? (exodus 21:7)

killing anyone who works on the sabbath (exodus 35:2)

that trimming of hair should be forbidden (esp. round the temple area) (Lev 19:27)

that sum1 who plants two crops in the same field should be stoned to death? (lev 20:14)

if not do u think the bible is wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Certain books of the bible, are written specifically as fiction, but they are specified. some of the old testament is written to teach lessons, or some of it is just plain outdated stories, or culture they lived in.

If you read the bible, before the beginning of every chapter, it should explain what the book is about, it's point of view, why it was written, and what the theme is. I havn't had time to look at your quotes yet, but yeah, the world back then is messed up. The world is messed up now, IE slavery, temple hairs etc...but you need to put the point of view into perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in those new skool, dumbed down bibles is there a teaching explanation at the beginning, explanations that were written much much later than the actual bible.

Surely you see the fallacy? Anybody can publish a bible and have a little blurb a the beginning of each chapter for whatever agenda they wish to express. Gloss over the ugly parts (OHHHH, that... That's just a parable) and highlight the important parts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-24-2007, 11:29 AM

Thanks for answering my previous questions. Got 1 more that I forgot.

Lets say that Im a really good person, almost never lie, never kill, Im nice to everybody I meet, donate to a charity (lets say a Cancer Charity), do community service, but Don't believe in God despite being given numerous opportunities to do so. I die and turns out God is for real, do you think God would let me into heaven? Do you think I would deserve to go to heaven?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
won't you be super pissed if you die and there's no heaven? then you traded thinking for......

[/ QUOTE ]

Pascal's Wager