Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Rate my crackpot theory.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't really a problem because it depends on what time scale the universe is going on. Maybe the universe doesn't even move fast enough for the feedback mechanism to be too slow. Also it could be the case that there are "reflex" reactions that don't need the consciousness to intervene. Just throwing some ideas out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should think about the times involved a bit more. We're talking tens billions of years (assuming information can't travel faster than light), long enough for entire galaxies to cease existing - or the entire universe for that matter. Imagine the implications for a human brain if it took 100 years or more for information to travel from one side to the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm basically saying that you don't know what is important and what is not in a universal sense. Maybe a galaxy ceasing to exist isn't a big deal. Maybe there is some other way of transmitting information that we haven't found yet, why make the assumption that we understand everything?