Batman 105 74.47%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Ask a Catholic?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is your view on evolution vs. the God made Adam and Eve story?

Don't you think it is much more feasible that Mary drank too much, passed out and was taken advantage of vs being impregnated by the Holy Spirit?

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but this is obv what i believe. R u asking for sources?

Well, logicically yes, but yet think about what jesus did, he rose the dead. Drunk pass out sex doesn't create the son of God.

[/ QUOTE ]
you didn't answer this

[/ QUOTE ]

Evolution happened but we didn't come from monkeys. We evolved yes but have always been human.

[/ QUOTE ]
how can you make such an ignorant statement when you admit yourself that you're clueless when it comes to science?

in case you didn't know, all life on earth can be traced back to one common ancestor that lived ~4 billion yrs ago.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is your view on evolution vs. the God made Adam and Eve story?

Don't you think it is much more feasible that Mary drank too much, passed out and was taken advantage of vs being impregnated by the Holy Spirit?

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread lacks links to credible sources, once it starts i'm sure it will snowball, you start.

No offense, but this is obv what i believe. R u asking for sources?

Well, logicically yes, but yet think about what jesus did, he rose the dead. Drunk pass out sex doesn't create the son of God.

[/ QUOTE ]
you didn't answer this

[/ QUOTE ]

Evolution happened but we didn't come from monkeys. We evolved yes but have always been human.

[/ QUOTE ]
how can you make such an ignorant statement when you admit yourself that you're clueless when it comes to science?

in case you didn't know, all life on earth can be traced back to one common ancestor that lived ~4 billion yrs ago.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-24-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll give you a fair chance, not gonna do any bashing like others have been doing, in return plz answer these questions [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

1) If God loves everybody equally (as stated numerous times in the bible) why are some given the opportunity to learn about him (growing up in Catholic environment) and others arent (growing up and never hearing a tiny bit about Catholic life, instead they only hear about lets say the Muslim religion) Is the practicing Muslim going to Hell because he worships other Gods, or is he going to Hell because God never sent him a message about the Catholic religion?

1a)Why didnt God send him a message / give him the opportunity?

2) You touched on this earlier, but some of the Bible verses werent originally "figurative" they were literal, they became figurative when proven wrong. Does that alter your belief in God at any way?

3) Is the world only 6,000 years old or w/e?
3a) What day were Dino's made on and how does the fact that they became exticing so many years ago tie into the Catholic teachings? Is there an explanation?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Catholic Church has backed off the non-Christians can't go to Heaven idea in the past few decades. Those who were never exposed to Christianity, but led good lives will probably go to Heaven. It says this in the official catechism of the Catholic Church and also in a papal doctrine from 30 years ago.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
y are all the priest in ur religion doing the whole Micheal Jackson move? I mean comn no other religion has this going on

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not exclusive to Catholicism, it is rampant in Protestant Churches as well. The main reason it is associated more with the Catholic Church is that it's a more centralized organization and easier to come by those figures.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
y are all the priest in ur religion doing the whole Micheal Jackson move? I mean comn no other religion has this going on

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not exclusive to Catholicism, it is rampant in Protestant Churches as well. The main reason it is associated more with the Catholic Church is that it's a more centralized organization and easier to come by those figures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx mega.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Ask the Bishop of Rome.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Ask the Bishop of Rome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh, we didn't come from monkeys. Oh yeah, you know the bishop of rome, and he's the one who's always right eh?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, what? How old do you think the earth is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty darned, i wanna go to the center and see if there's some mole man carving a line in the wall for each day he's been in the middle; hence giving us the exact number of days the world has existed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you actually going to give an answer to any of my questions?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:46 AM

is the earth flat?

Für große Gerechtigkeit!
Old 06-24-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever read 'The God Delusion'? If so, waddya think, otherwise will you ever?

Why do you believe that the Catholic church specifically has the absolute and final answers, as opposed to all of the other sects and faiths?

What would it take to shake your belief in God?

[/ QUOTE ]

No but i wanted to buy that book. sorry i get swamped and miss some. I'll go get it when i get some poker books next.

I believe what your asking here is why Catholocism over all else. To be completely honest, i was raised Catholic but didn't choose to follow Christ until a few years ago. Christ is the way the truth and the life and through the Eucharist he gives himself to mankind.

A miracle. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]