Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: AA

*Grunch*

I agree with all streets, check on river looks good, I don't think that anyone calls with a hand we beat. My guess is that no one has a 9 otherwise they would probable try to check-raise the flop.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:44 PM

BBB

What do you think calls here that wouldn't have shown some action earlier? I would guess that Kx would check-raise turn. I would think the only thing calling (more likely raising) is the flush, maybe Tx too.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:50 PM

One additional reason to bet is that with the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in your hand, nobody can have the nut [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] draw. While this doesn't completely eliminate the threat of the flush, it significantly lessens it because more people will play Axs than some random junky suited hand.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:51 PM

On the flop they figure you have no 9.

On the turn they guess you have no K.

At the river they figure no way you raise with a flush draw.

Hence pocket 6’s call your every bet. He’ll put you on AK till a K hits then he figures maybe AQ.

However… you do have 2 villains there, I don’t hate checking it thru, as you pretty much can’t call a re-raise. But I like betting more.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well i tough this board was a case of only getting call when beat cause it exactly a scary board for anyone.
i would only bet for value vs a calling station and a single adversary.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its good that you try and read hands and figure out what they might have but I think that based on this and previous posts you probably give too many free cards and SD and you fear the worst everytime. This will cost you money.

this is 0.5/1 not 50/100. people pay off. period. now to be more specific, the tight guy probably wont but the other fish probably will. if either of them have 66-88 you get paid off here an awful lot and C/Red not nearly as much.

Im feeling lazy today so cant be bothered doing it but can someone show some EV numbers on why betting in this sort of spot is profitable (ie guestimate what percentage of time out bets get called versus getting Checkraised etc etc).

anyway, basically listen to BBB and learn to master the value bet pls on each hand based on its merits. I do kinda understand why you didnt bet this but i still would have bet it myself.

[ QUOTE ]
i just dunno where to get postflop agression on poker office...

[/ QUOTE ]

you really need to work this out...I dont use pokeroffice so I cant help. also having a read on what they take to SD with helps.

goodluck
Old 06-24-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just dunno where to get postflop agression on poker office...

[/ QUOTE ]

Post session, you can go to Performance tab and select the player.

During session you go to the tracker window and choose the statistics tab -> customize display and add whatever post you are interested in. In the same way table overlay tab ->customize table overlay will allow you to add it to your hud.

PO is the nuts
/d
Old 06-24-2007, 01:04 AM

2 months ago i suck.. so i got scared of the river and check.
now im a ok player.. and i will always bet that river, u will be surprise what kind of [censored] ppl call u with