Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Wil Wheaton no longer on \"Team Pokerstars\"

[ QUOTE ]
Will you continue playing on Pokerstars/live tourneys even without being a member of "Team Pokerstars"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, of course. I won't be buying into big events (my son is going to college in Fall, and taking all of my money with him) but I'll still play LOLDonkaments and low-limit cash games as often as I can. I loved poker before I was on TeamPS, and continue to love it. How many things are there in the world that you can study forever and never completely master?

Wait. Don't answer that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I won't be hosting my regular Tuesday tourneys any more, but some guys I played with are keeping it alive, so I'll drop into that from time to time, and now that I can hide from the search feature and turn off observer chat when it gets ugly, I'm actually having a hell of a lot more fun when I play on PokerStars.

I'm a slightly better than break-even player, which suits me fine, and as long as I can continue that, I'll keep on playing.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Good luck, everyone, and thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to see you go. I played in a few of your donkaments and had a great time (except when Bax crushed me once, doh). Always thought you were a class act and PS was that much better for having you on the team. Time marches on I guess... Anyways, ggs and good luck.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will you continue playing on Pokerstars/live tourneys even without being a member of "Team Pokerstars"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, of course. I won't be buying into big events (my son is going to college in Fall, and taking all of my money with him) but I'll still play LOLDonkaments and low-limit cash games as often as I can. I loved poker before I was on TeamPS, and continue to love it. How many things are there in the world that you can study forever and never completely master?

Wait. Don't answer that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I won't be hosting my regular Tuesday tourneys any more, but some guys I played with are keeping it alive, so I'll drop into that from time to time, and now that I can hide from the search feature and turn off observer chat when it gets ugly, I'm actually having a hell of a lot more fun when I play on PokerStars.

I'm a slightly better than break-even player, which suits me fine, and as long as I can continue that, I'll keep on playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Wil,

Thanks to this thread I was able to read your Blog for the first time. Lots of great info on there. I am just a couple years younger than you and I grew up on Next Generation. My father and I would watch it all the time together. I really enjoyed your character on the show.

It is good to see that you have had an amazing life outside of Star Trek and I hope you continue to have success with your family, books, TV & movies and with Poker.

Oh yeah, how long will we have to wait for you to win your first WSOP braclet? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I am sure you are more intelligent than 95% of those who have already won one, so why not Wil?

-Brendan
Old 06-24-2007, 12:59 AM

Brendanb, think he said his son is taking all of his money to college. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Kids have a tendency to do that.....