or sober for that matter

also

[ QUOTE ]
WE AINT CUM FRUM NO MONKEES

[/ QUOTE ]

lol redneck atheistaments - this is like out of some dave chappelle sketch
Old 06-23-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Ask a Catholic?

Uh, what? How old do you think the earth is?
Old 06-23-2007, 11:33 PM

In the bible (Genesis), it is esentially made known that the world was created in six days - and "there" in 4004BC. Currently science proves that man (and animals, plants, etc.) existed long before this.

How do you explain this?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 11:46 PM

y are all the priest in ur religion doing the whole Micheal Jackson move? I mean comn no other religion has this going on
Old 06-23-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's a work of fiction. why would it be like he descibes any more than anyone else's own personal idea of hell?

good thread btw

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for complimenting the thread. Idk i see hell visually the way he does. None of us know for sure that's the joy in life. It's like we're all blind! :-D
Old 06-23-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll give you a fair chance, not gonna do any bashing like others have been doing, in return plz answer these questions [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

1) If God loves everybody equally (as stated numerous times in the bible) why are some given the opportunity to learn about him (growing up in Catholic environment) and others arent (growing up and never hearing a tiny bit about Catholic life, instead they only hear about lets say the Muslim religion) Is the practicing Muslim going to Hell because he worships other Gods, or is he going to Hell because God never sent him a message about the Catholic religion?

1a)Why didnt God send him a message / give him the opportunity?

2) You touched on this earlier, but some of the Bible verses werent originally "figurative" they were literal, they became figurative when proven wrong. Does that alter your belief in God at any way?

3) Is the world only 6,000 years old or w/e?
3a) What day were Dino's made on and how does the fact that they became exticing so many years ago tie into the Catholic teachings? Is there an explanation?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. When Jesus sent his Disciples to spread his word throughout the earth, it was because he knew his message needed to be sent to all the corners of the world.

1. part 2- It is not for me or anyone else to judge the eternal fate of other religions, but it says in the bible the only way to heaven is through Christ. I'm guessing there is some kind of confrontation to the soul after death for everyone. God's mercy is infinite like i said, don't underestimate it. I dont konw if that answers 1, but i hope it does.

1a) Every mans life is unique, I've never met someone whom i have known very well that hasn't been introduced to monotheistic points of views, but i'm a sheltered American, so what do i know [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. If he lives a good life, with love, and mercy for others, i'm sure since he is being Christ-like in his actions, God will smile upon him.

2) Debate and contemplation of Scripture has been occuring since the councils after christ's death. 2,000 years of debate sheerly clears up what is figurative in the Church's Catechism, and other liturgical documents. I've brushed on the subject but havn't taken any deep classes yet. I might take some next fall, ill keep you posted.

3)I'm not sure, probably more, I suck at history and math...so therefore, i'm not gonna stab at this one.

3a)Dude, i've been studying this for so long without an answer, this is the first question i'm going to ask all my friends and teachers when i get back on campus. Dinosaurs to me, are a big deal. Haha i'm not sure where they fit, maybe one of them dumped on the wrong holy ground...
Old 06-24-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
y are all the priest in ur religion doing the whole Micheal Jackson move? I mean comn no other religion has this going on

[/ QUOTE ]

As sad as it is, pedofelia is everywhere, the media exploits it in religion because they know it will create controversy and they will make more money through that controversy, imo.

Catholocism is the biggest church in the world, it's a giant target as is other big religions.

The media will be exploiting every human error and flaw in anyone they can.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, what? How old do you think the earth is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty darned, i wanna go to the center and see if there's some mole man carving a line in the wall for each day he's been in the middle; hence giving us the exact number of days the world has existed.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, you better capitalize my name next time you type it.

And why haven't I received any responses to my questions/statements?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am getting flooded, please repost or message me! I can't handle the pressure! get to the choppa!
Old 06-24-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the bible (Genesis), it is esentially made known that the world was created in six days - and "there" in 4004BC. Currently science proves that man (and animals, plants, etc.) existed long before this.

How do you explain this?

Looks like someone didn't add and subtract right in the science department.

God is beyond space and time, and we are confined in it.

To answer you, i have no freakin' clue. google ftw?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]