Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: help me OOT: I like my friend\'s gf and don\'t know how to deal with

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just don't act on it, be very careful when drunk (preptalk yourself ftw), and, for god's sake, DON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm picturing Travolta in front of the mirror in Pulp Fiction here, saying something kind of like ... "You're not gonna do anything, you're just gonna have a little drink, talk a little, say goodnight, then go home, jerk off, and go to bed."

[/ QUOTE ]

lol exactly.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: help me OOT: I like my friend\'s gf and don\'t know how to deal with

What kind of clown tells his friend he's hot for his gf?
Old 06-23-2007, 05:57 PM

OP-- You're a moron for telling your friend about your feelings for his girl. What good does that do? You shouldve just continued to wait out the relationship while you beat off to pictures of her.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:02 PM

FWIW, the reason I suck at dealing with all this is I have close to zero experience. I'm in my 20's, and in my whole life I've only kissed two girls. I slept with one of them, so thank God I'm not a virgin, but it has been quite a while. Maybe I'm gay?

Also, I didn't actually tell my friend voluntarily. He figured it out and asked me point blank "do you like her?" I told the truth, but I probably should have lied.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're making a run at it aren't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're batting 1.000 so far. Don't blow it, kid.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:18 PM

Forget about her. If she was confiding in you about relationship problems with another guy, friend or not, then you're on the friends ladder and have no chance anyway
Old 06-23-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blarg,

I'm definitely learning a bunch of life lessons from this experience, and I freely admit that I acted very immaturely. The guy is a little pissed at me right now, and I agree it's completely justified. In the following situation though, what was I supposed to do?

A group of us were staying at a hotel, and the two of them had a huge fight, audible in my room. The guy left, and the girl came into my room crying (my roommate was gone). Was I supposed to turn her away? The other situations where she revealed things to me were similar; they fought more or less in front of me, then I was stuck alone with the girl.

Still though, there were many other aspects of this whole situation where I had a choice and made a bad one, so I would place the blame at like 90% me, 10% her, 0% him.

Mr. P,

Meh, I don't really blame him for telling her. This situation is probably hardest on him, and he did nothing to deserve it, so I'm willing to cut him some slack. Also, I'm at least ethical enough that I won't pursue her in any way while she is still with my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious if the situation was reverse and he told you he had feelings for your girlfriend but not to tell her would you honor his request? If you would tell her then I say be friends with him, but something tells me as a good friend you would have honored his request.

I also don't see the reason why he should be so pissed off. You haven't tried to sleep with her, you just acknowledged you have a crush on her. Time to get pissed would be if you try to get into her pants.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forget about her. If she was confiding in you about relationship problems with another guy, friend or not, then you're on the friends ladder and have no chance anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

This depends. Sometimes girls start confiding then ask a question like do you want to come over my place tonight? But I agree for the most part when girls start bitching about their relationships it means the friend zone.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:44 PM

Mr. P,

I left out another important detail, which explains why I'm not mad at him. Not only did he suspect that I liked her, which is why he asked me, but he also thought that she liked me. As best I can figure, he asked her "do you like foobar?", and then what I told him came out in their ensuing conversation. I don't think he flat out told her for no reason. For reference, I never asked her if she liked me, nor would I while they were together.

[censored] I hate all this drama.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, the reason I suck at dealing with all this is I have close to zero experience. I'm in my 20's, and in my whole life I've only kissed two girls. I slept with one of them, so thank God I'm not a virgin, but it has been quite a while. Maybe I'm gay?

Also, I didn't actually tell my friend voluntarily. He figured it out and asked me point blank "do you like her?" I told the truth, but I probably should have lied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you poor bastards just like dying to confess these things?