Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 01:07 PM

Default 25nl my straight comes in and so does a flush

Villain is 37/9/1. My notes on him say that he is tricky.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $25.25
BB: $17.05
UTG: $15.85
CO: $23.95
BTN: $24.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BB calls $0.75, UTG calls $0.75

Flop: ($3) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.25</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $6.00</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $3.75

Turn: ($15) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets all-in for $10.05</font>, Hero ?

Should I have shoved the turn? Folded the flop? What do we put a tricky Villain on here?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: 25nl

If he's tricky, it is a really wide range then, of which not all are flush. I would inlude sets and two pairs obviously, but also the tricky ones, like gutshot +flush draw. If you call that flop bet and hit your hand, I think you are almost obliged to call the turn bet, are you assuming that as a given? So then I think the turn check is great because there is a high likelihood he is pushing his whole range on that turn.
I don't mind folding the flop as that is where your decision is made anad it seems like you don't have the odds to call it. If you were confident that hitting your K would give you a winning hand then it might become a call, but if I'm playing well I would fold.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:15 PM

the way the hand played out I make the call on the turn
Old 06-23-2007, 01:19 PM

call, expect to see two pair / set often. I don't think he raises a flush draw on the flop with a player left to act behind him - he'd want to call to induce the overcall, making the pot bigger while contributing the least to it.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:21 PM

I would have probably folded on the flop, but as it's played I think that you call in this spot on the turn.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: 25nl my straight comes in and so does a flush

I donīt raise pf here. KTs isnīt really a hand you want to play oop. On the flop you have two options, push or fold, you do not have odds to call. It all depends on what you think he has. If his range is top pair+ and draws it is a super easy fold. If his range is wider than that I would push. But barring anything rediculous I would fold.

And push turn, he is going to check behind so many one pair hands that he might call with and is drawing live.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: 25nl my straight comes in and so does a flush

Fold flop
call turn as played