Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: $200 NL | Butchered two pair has to make a river decesion.

Slap My Jack,

I think your analysis is perfect. I should have bet more with the two pair as it was quite vunerable and defintly 3-bet, probably all-in as I'm viewed as a loose player and will likely get calls from AK...maybe KQ.

Hand 2: I don't think checking the flop is THAT bad of a play. Villain and I had been tangling quite a bit and I hardly ever checked flops that I missed and figured if he any broadway and it hit, I would get paid off. I was right..he ended up having JJ and I think would have paid me off if any other card had it. I think I should have folded once he C/R ed as I'm not beating anything but figured I had to call as I had such a loose image.

Thanks again for the input.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: I don't think checking the flop is THAT bad of a play. Villain and I had been tangling quite a bit and I hardly ever checked flops that I missed and figured if he any broadway and it hit, I would get paid off. I was right..he ended up having JJ and I think would have paid me off if any other card had it. I think I should have folded once he C/R ed as I'm not beating anything but figured I had to call as I had such a loose image.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hardly ever check missed flops, then you should feel even more justified betting. He had JJ, but often I will get FOS calls from hands like JJ peeling this flop and maybe even the turn. And you are beating some hands on the river, weaker trip aces and some bluffs. You're also getting nearly 3 for 1 on your call, so unless he never checkraises here without a boat, your hand might be good.

Think of the flop check this way. If one opponent has a pocket pair, that's 2 outs to outdraw you, if another has a flush draw, that's 8 outs (since the Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] fills you up). So you have 10 outs against you. Running the equity on this board with your hand vs 77 and K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] then you only have 71%. If no one has a club draw, and a club hits, then you might even lose some action from hands you beat.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:11 AM

So I did what you guys said...thoughts?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $369.80
BB: $188.50
UTG: $210.85
Hero (CO): $431.00
BTN: $334.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $4.00

Flop: ($13) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, BB calls $8.00

Turn: ($29) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $66.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $417.00</font>, BB calls all-in for $108.50
Uncalled bet of $242.50 returned to Hero

Old 06-23-2007, 02:33 AM

I'd just fold to the turn c/r in that last hand Rolon. How is this doing what we said?
Old 06-23-2007, 02:42 AM

hand 1: push flop, if not bet $60 on turn, fold river
Old 06-23-2007, 03:05 AM

I dunno...obv. he had the flush and I was just fuming/ranting a bit after a bad play.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:57 AM

the flop check in hand 2 is very, very bad. "slowplaying" trips on a 2-suited board in a 3-way pot is a typical fish play and you'll end up losing a lot of money with it.