Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Setting up Poker Tracker -- Quick Question

hey, I just got pokertracker and im wondering if there is anything in particular i should know before i set it up. right now i am just using all the default settings... but are there some changes i should make to the rules for auto-rating players?

also, in the configuration for auto-importing hand histories, the default setting is to import all hands with 2 or more players... but because heads-up play is so different than regular ring games, im wondering if i should cahnge that setting?
Old 06-22-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Setting up Poker Tracker -- Quick Question

You can always change autoratings later. I'd leave the 2 or more players setting alone. You can always filter your collected data for whatever number of players you want to look at.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:28 PM

thanks a lot.

to avoid starting another thread, i want to ask another "quick question" here... except its about PokerAce HUD...

while my pokertracker stats seem totally fine (i have like 2.5K hands imported...not much, i know but i only started saving hand histories last week) on PokerAce HUD when i look at my own stats on the table (by left clicking my name), it says that it only has 37 hands on me, and calculated my stats from there...

i know it doesnt really matter what my stats are in PokerAce HUD since i can just look them up in Poker Tracker anytime, but i want to make sure there is nothing wrong with my configuration, becuase if it screwing up my stats then it mite be screwing up everyone elses as well..

so if anyone can answer why PAHUD says ive only played 37 id really appreciate it, thanks
Old 06-23-2007, 12:40 AM

I think the default for PokerAce is to show your stats from the current session only. That way you can get an idea of what your opponents' at a particular table think of you. I think you can change that but I don't know why you would want to.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:58 AM

ohh... that makes sense... goes to show what a noob i am lol. thanks a lot