Titan Poker Petrus Steyn 0.25/0.50,

Button [color=#C00000]Jwatt ($64.25)</font>
SB DR1SC0ll ($39.67)
BB gaijinuron ($67.10)
UTG Seizen ($6.45)
UTG+1 cherry777 ($69.12)
CO cockmasterP ($59.05)

Preflop: gaijinuron is in the BB with A A
3 folds, Jwatt raises to 2, 1 fold, gaijinuron raises to 6, Jwatt calls 4.50.

Flop (13.25) Q Q J
gaijinuron bets 6, Jwatt raises to 12, gaijinuron raises to 12, Jwatt calls 6.

Turn (49.25) 2
gaijinuron checks, Jwatt checks.

River (49.25) 9
gaijinuron checks, Jwatt bets 39.75, 1 fold

Does a villian with agression 1 shove river here as a bluff often enough because I checked turn&amp;river ?

The action is also consistent with a flush draw ...but not sure if a pasive player like him raise this flop w/ a draw
Old 06-22-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: floding AA here ....weak?

I'm no expert, but even the most aggressive of players my have a hard time calling a reraise preflop, then again on flop without something strong preflop &amp; hitting a huge part of the flop. Hands I think would play that line combo, even for someone agressive, would be JJ+,AJs+, AQ+ &amp; T9s. The check on turn could be a FH slowplay or genuine fear of flush vs. trips/set. Once two checks come, Villian's AI could be playing on your fear, or being overagressive hoping for huge payoff.

How do you think he thinks you were playing; TAG, LAG, TP or LP? That could affect his decisions.

Without knowing that and knowing Villian has been somewhat passive postflop, I'd have a difficult time calling here. Pot odds are ~2:1 so you need to be 66% sure that you're beat. I think the fold was frustrating, but prudent here.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:50 PM

I think the flop bet screams fear and then the $6 raises that follow from him and you make little sense. Lead the flop for $10ish, if he raises that I am folding with his stats.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:53 PM

I think the river is an easy fold. But the main problem imo is your flop play. I would probably bet 11 and fold to a raise, because a Q is very easily in his range and because his aggr is so low. It's just a bad spot to play for 130BB stacks.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:55 PM

I bet more on the flop, like 9, and fold to any aggression.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:57 PM

uhhh I don't know why you min3bet that flop but I think it was a stupid thing to do.

river is a huge LKJ$R%( I call. But I mean your min3bet made it completely impossible to play this hand well OOP.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:08 PM

I bet 6$ (1/2 pot) on the flop because the pot was already big enough and I wanted a call from a random underpair/KK

When he raise flop I though he raised it to see if his pair is good(he has some folding equity against my range) or he has a Q and he is raising for value.

The 3-bet on the flop was to induce a shove from a Q and me to fold safetly against this passive player.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:12 PM

gaj - the information your getting out of your 3bet costs too much for one. Your putting in $18 on the flop to "see if your good". Thats almost half your stack. Its also extremely unreliable especially if your unwilling to go broke on many turns (meaning you feel your not significantly ahead of his range). Your also just pot-sticking yourself on the turn, which makes it even worse.

In other words your read on the villians play isn't specific enough to warrant a min3bet. If you knew he never played draws like this then its probably bad. If you knew he always played draws like this then its clearly better to push and this line is really bad. If you thought he played mostly marginal hands this way then your line is obviously ideal.