Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather
Marry for love? 109 85.83%
Marry for money? 18 14.17%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Cost of exposed hole cards

As stands, do you think FT loses much business to Stars because of their current policy of exposing mucked hands at showdown to non-playing observers (i.e. or for that matter allowing datamining)? Would that change significantly if they started revealing mucked hands to observers in pre-showdown folds as well?

Granted this is not an insigificant difference, revealing complete preflop hand ranges, bluffs and big folds obvious adds a wealth to the value of datamining. I just wonder how much business a site would lose if they implemented this policy - even if they did so on a 24 hour delay?
Old 06-22-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Cost of exposed hole cards

[ QUOTE ]
As stands, do you think FT loses much business to Stars because of their current policy of exposing mucked hands at showdown to non-playing observers (i.e. or for that matter allowing datamining)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. I think only players in the game can see the mucked hands, that's the way it's always been for me I believe.

EDIT: Just tried it. As an observer, you can only see cards that were shown at showdown -- not mucked ones.