Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 01:02 PM

Default 25NL - AA versus suspected set

Villain is a 18/11/2.7 and seems like a solid multitabler
When he raised my flop bet I tought "crap he has a set, but I have to get it in anyway".

MP is a fish/station, I actually made it 20 hoping he'd come along, so I am not worried about his holding.

So, does anyone get away here? I think calling villain's flop raise sucks here, and re-raising commits me. Folding AA while villain may have JJ/QQ/KK seems too weak though.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($32.60)
MP ($43.75)
CO ($45.95)
Button ($13.75)
SB ($11)
BB ($24.65)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.8</font>, MP calls $2.80, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $23.65</font>, Hero calls $3.65.

Turn: ($54.10) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($54.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $54.10
Old 06-22-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: 25NL - AA versus suspected set

if bb wont ever raise here without a set (not sure if he should or shouldnt), you MIGHT have a tight flop fold.

i dont really think he's c/r-ing with JJ/QQ/KK. I think most of those hands RR pf. (i think).

furthermore, i dont really think there are a tremendous amount of draws in his hand. 89 I guess.

But, if this guy is nitty, and won't ever ever ever make moves postflop, then dump the flop to his $7.

or, call and probably fold the turn if he leads again.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:55 PM

Given your read on villain, I don't like the reraise. You raised UTG and made a c-bet into a big field on a dry board, so he's got to give you some credit for a good hand, and he still checkraises the field. I see where you're not worried about MP's holding, but I don't think you should be primarily trying to extract from him, rather to keep BB extracting from you. Reraising is going to let him play perfectly against you, and since MP is going to have a hard time catching up to you, just call and see what happens on the turn, or folding would be fine.

FWIW, BB should not have an overpair given the way he's played the hand, IMO.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:28 PM

I still don't like calling here, since it could lead to a really hard decision on the turn or river.

I think I made a mistake thinking he could have kk or qq, and I should have folded this.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:03 PM

If Villain is an ABC multitabler than one pair is never good on this board with this action.