Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 11:05 AM

Default How to increase AF, frequency and factor?

My AF of 1.5 is way too low compared to most people. Even stupid donkey's, fish, and spewtards have higher AF's.

How do i bump this up? Preferably I would like to be in the AF 2.0 area.

Things I do.
1. In limped pots, i will almost always bet if checked to in position (button or CO). Obvious play.

1.5. Same with raised pots. In a raised pot, I'm betting if the PFR checks to me. This may or may not be spew, and it sucks if you get c/r because you know they probably have air just as often. I actually think this adds a bit to my AF, because if he c/c the flop, i'm definately firing the turn.

2. C-bet probably around 80% of the time. This is pretty high, but if somebody bets into me and I didn't improve flop, I'm usually calling instead of raising (lowering my AF).

3. Depending on the villain...obviously betting 2-3 streets with top PP.

um...yeah

Things I don't do
1. I don't aggressively bet my FD's in a multiway pot OOP. Multiway as in 4-5 people where I'm pretty sure any TP bad kicker will call my flop bet. As such, I'm almost always calling a flop bet with nut FD's, and very often calling flop bets with just a FD (leak maybe?) The thing is, NL50&25, most people underbet the flop multiway, so you're pretty much getting express odds as well as implied odds (one consideration to raising would be to scare out the nut FD).

2. When I hit my draws on the turn, I usually check through, or c/c lead river. These are those situations where i'm either WA/WB, and betting out on the turn when our flush comes in turns our hand into a bluff (only called by better flushes, maybe sets).

what else?

edit: oh yeah, not really sure how much this contributes, but anytime somebody bets a quarter? i call. i will call w/ ATC when some fish bets a quarter. My A high is never good (always TP no kicker), but they don't fold to a reraise (rarely), and I get to "suck-out" on them.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: How to increase AF, frequency and factor?

Maybe you call a lot more than most. What's your avg. call %?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:28 AM

like i said, I'll call any draw with 8 outs or more. Because at NL50,25, there are good implied odds, and the bet sizing is small enough for express odds too (to at least see a turn card).
Old 06-22-2007, 11:28 AM

Seriously though, this is a great way to check things out.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
like i said, I'll call any draw with 8 outs or more. Because at NL50,25, there are good implied odds, and the bet sizing is small enough for express odds too (to at least see a turn card).

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you spell out yourAF like so:

[image][/image]