Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Re: 100nl: Turn a flush, am i supposed to get stacked?

What about Hero's $30 bet on the river? Should he not be potting it/shoving since thats pretty much the pot for him.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:14 AM

IMO c/r the flop >>>>>>> leading because it gives you the opportunity to trap a lot of dead money.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:24 AM

If this guy has a higher flush about 50% of the time, 10% a straight or lower flush which he will bet for value (also 30), 30% of the time a set. EV = 0,5*30 (gain) - 0,1*30 (lost by not going allin) - 0,4*30 (lost by not betting for value and he checks behind) = 0. If he bets his set in this spot for value (because he his convinced you don't have 'it') or his percentage higher flush is higher it is plus EV not to go all-in but just check-call. Moreover if he pushes you may save another 30 (I think the chance is small he pushes by the way, because he will have showdownvalue a lot of the time and he wants to make some money, pushing will likely drive hero away how he played it). Yeah this are just random numbers, in the end is pretty read dependant, the way hero played it on the river is certainly just a good way to play it, but IMHO playing it another way could also be made a case for. If you had a note for example that he plays his sets or straights aggressively and flushes passively that would lean towards my case. Also depends on the value bets villain will put hero through.