Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: weak or smartttt

Was thinking of rasing river too but I'm afraid that will look suspicious because of the IMO obv bluff opportunity.
If the river was an 7,8,9 something like that I like a river raise better.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:30 PM

how do you show up with a four on the river besides having A4s which i think you fold pre
Old 06-21-2007, 12:43 PM

ya everytime i raise here with the actual straight of back door flush they always seem to snap call anyhow.

might be good once and a while to raise for sure though
Old 06-21-2007, 01:31 PM

nice hand
Old 06-21-2007, 02:13 PM

If he is really good then call. He knows the board is very scary for a one pair hand like Ax or a pp which is what you have represented.

Also, I don't think he checks turn with trips, he wants value from Ax.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:55 PM

I dunno if a fold is as clear as you all say. Your repping something somewhat weak checking 2 streets. I could see him bluffing here sometimes, but probably not as often as he is value betting. Its hard to figure out how often though. That being said, it still probably is a fold, but very close. As they said, I like betting the turn to see where your at. here you really have no clue.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:07 PM

who says a set will bet turn for value from Ax. Are you crazy? the only way to get value from Ax on the turn is to check.

that leads to him looking like hes betting because you checked turn. Or it makes you get Cr'd because this happened in your mind

Okay he bet out flop, standard c bet, on turn he gave up. So now i think my ace is good.

bah i dont even know why iam writing this.. why do people even want to help others? this is about money...

anyone who sees me write a post that helps someone out from now on (poker related, hh advice etc)

... Gets 5 bucks on PP Starting june 22nd at 00:01
Old 06-21-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone who sees me write a post that helps someone out from now on (poker related, hh advice etc)

[/ QUOTE ]
Please stop posting in this forum.

jfish,
I think this is a good fold. His river bet looks like it's for value, your hand looks exactly like an A, and he has no reason to think you're going to fold it.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who says a set will bet turn for value from Ax. Are you crazy? the only way to get value from Ax on the turn is to check.

that leads to him looking like hes betting because you checked turn. Or it makes you get Cr'd because this happened in your mind

Okay he bet out flop, standard c bet, on turn he gave up. So now i think my ace is good.

bah i dont even know why iam writing this.. why do people even want to help others? this is about money...

[/ QUOTE ]

ur a douche and probably bad at poker
Old 06-21-2007, 04:45 PM

JFish: How actively have you been 3-betting in position? How often have you bet the turn after calling the flop? What do your stats look like in general (or at this table)? How lightly have you called the river when checking the turn in the past?

With your read of villain being pretty good / solid, wouldn't he expect you to check a one pair ace back on the turn for pot control? It seems by that rationale your turn action helps define your hand as an ace and/or a picked up draw.

If you were floating, wouldn't you try to take it on the turn? Wouldn't you bet the set when the 2nd club hit? The real question in my mind is if he would try to move you off AQ- with air.

While I'd really like to hear you answers to the questions above, I think this is missed turn CR and the river is an attempt to salvage value.