Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 07:15 AM

Default 100NL, 6-4 suited on button, line check

Please advise on all streets

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG+1 ($67.30)
MP1 ($139.95)
MP2 ($103.60)
MP3 ($94.50)
CO ($100.60)
Hero ($135.50)
SB ($32.30)
BB ($107.40)
UTG ($163.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $4, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($9.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, CO calls $12.

Turn: ($45.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($45.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>,
Old 06-21-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Re: 100NL, 6-4 suited on button, line check

Standard fold preflop. Calling sometimes to mix it up or because you think you can outplay him post isn't terrible though.

I like the flop raise and the turn check. I think the river bluff is probaby fine since he'll dump 7x, overs, fd and PP&lt;77 a lot. A read would help here though, since it's not certain he'll call the flop raise with PP&lt;77 or overs.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:08 AM

i don't like doing anything 100% of the time, but I can see no reason why i would ever call here preflop. fold&gt;3bet&gt;call
Old 06-21-2007, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard fold preflop. Calling sometimes to mix it up or because you think you can outplay him post isn't terrible though.

I like the flop raise and the turn check. I think the river bluff is probaby fine since he'll dump 7x, overs, fd and PP&lt;77 a lot. A read would help here though, since it's not certain he'll call the flop raise with PP&lt;77 or overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, so dump 6-4 suited on the button pf. Would a couple callers turn this into a call pf? Would you like the call pf if it was a higher suited connector? How high of a SC do I want to turn this into a call pf?
Old 06-21-2007, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, so dump 6-4 suited on the button pf. Would a couple callers turn this into a call pf? Would you like the call pf if it was a higher suited connector? How high of a SC do I want to turn this into a call pf?

[/ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop 99%. I usually 3-bet if I want to play. After a raise and 2 bad callers calling becomes better preflop, but 64s just isn't that much of an hand so folding against any 4bb raise is standard. A higher SC would obviously be a better call, but i also like 3-betting better against a steal.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:58 AM

Would prefer some history on villain. Assuming he plays pretty average:
The call PF isn't terrible but I'd prefer more opponents, and a genuine connector, not a one gapper, as it makes more straights. Not necessarily high cards as they more easily get dominated.

Flop - dodgy to make the pot bigger with a flush draw on a paired board.

Turn - agreed. take the free card.

River - mmmmmm. Maybe worth a go. However, If he calls your flop raise, he's likely got a T or an overpair. Does he fold these hands often enough for the bluff to be +EV? Given the checks, villain possibly has JJ or QQ. Would expect a PF reraise from AA or KK, and can't see as much else calls your flop raise (maybe AKc or AQc).

Does the bluff need to be $30. Would $20 do the same job?