Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 07:27 AM

Default 100NL, K-4 suited in SB

Please comment on all streets

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($98.50)
Hero ($99)
BB ($31.30)
UTG ($105.60)
UTG+1 ($170.65)
MP1 ($102.65)
MP2 ($30)
MP3 ($95.50)
CO ($207.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls $3.

Turn: ($10) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>,
Old 06-21-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Re: 100NL, K-4 suited in SB

i personally dont think im good enough to play K4s oop against3 other players, 2 of which dont even have a full stack. But if you are, then fine. I normally fold preflop.

As played, i check/call flop since by betting you aren't extracting value from any hands you beat (like draws). I would rather check to induce a bluff. If it gets checked round on the flop i'd probably bet a blank turn. As played i dont mind a river bet because you might get some value from medium pocket pairs, and mayyyybe bluff somebody off a King not realising its a chop.

Thers a FR forum by the way.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:13 AM

Preflop is standard getting 7:1 with Kxs imo. Not sure about the flop, you're probably in bad shape when your bets get called and you can't stand any further aggression. I'm not a fan of c/c either because you'll have to c/f turn anyway and you can eaily get bluffed. In a small pot like this I often check and call a bet depending on the reads I have on the player betting, or betting a blank turn myself.

River is fine.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:14 AM

I thought we were deep enough to complete with a wide range of hands from SB? No?

I didn't check-call the flop because if I do that, yes I induce a bluff, but then on the turn a lot of villians will fire a 2nd barral and then at that point I almost always have to fold unless I improve. That's why I led the flop (and b/c there is a good chance I am best). Is that flawed thinking?
Old 06-21-2007, 08:21 AM

i like preflop

i dont like the flop play, i check and see... possibly c/f or c/c depending on action
Old 06-21-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't check-call the flop because if I do that, yes I induce a bluff, but then on the turn a lot of villians will fire a 2nd barral and then at that point I almost always have to fold unless I improve. That's why I led the flop (and b/c there is a good chance I am best). Is that flawed thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you bet and check the turn you might get bluffed too. But you have a chance of taking it down on the flop that way. Problem with betting is that you don't fare well against your opponents calling range. After the flop check I often fold to EP bets and calls LP bets, also a lot depending on reads, as said before.