Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I would play:
Craps 11 9.48%
Slots (wheee, cherries!!!) 3 2.59%
Blackjack 18 15.52%
Baccarat (isn't he a singer or something?) 1 0.86%
War or some other game from 4th grade 1 0.86%
Let it Ride 3 2.59%
Keno/Bingo (while waiting for all-you-can-eat breakfast in Vegas) 0 0%
Sports Betting 40 34.48%
Pai Gow (or other bastardized poker game that sounds like a venomous snake) 0 0%
Bizarre prop bets 12 10.34%
Other (explain/complain) 7 6.03%
My rectum is tight and mighty and I never play -EV. Show results!! 20 17.24%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Katja Thater -- Who the hell is she and why is she so nonplussed?

omgomg, that's like the worst interview ever!!! her english is pathetic, and so is her attitude. germans don't like her at all, and this interview is giving us a reason to hate her even more.

i'd do her anyways.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:27 AM

That hochgepokert.tv interview with her is the best interview with any poker player I have ever seen. Hating on Oppenheimer, Men the Master and female poker players in an absolutely awesome way.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I gotta wonder here, if a MAN had won this event, and reacted the same way during the winners interview, if you guys would be going on and on and ON about it like you all are doing now with Katja winning this event (and her later reaction to it in the interview), not to mention all the 'she's hot' comments that I never see you guys saing about male players (insert wicked grin here, I couldn't resist that one guys).

Seems to me that just because she's a woman you guys all think she should be all emotional and such about her win.

Point is, I've seen a lot of guys act not affected at all by their win (aka not visably excited), yet I've seen nothing said about them.

Are you guys saying you'd cry, get emotional, and be all over the place in an interview if you won a poker tournament?

Inquiring minds want to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have some sort of bet with McCutter on who can be the worst poster on 2+2?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That hochgepokert.tv interview with her is the best interview with any poker player I have ever seen. Hating on Oppenheimer, Men the Master and female poker players in an absolutely awesome way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Got time to translate the NVG-ish bits (hochgepokert.tv link)?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Got time to translate the NVG-ish bits (hochgepokert.tv link)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Will try:

- She starts out by saying like 5 times how ugly the bracelet is and then talks about maybe selling it on ebay.

- They satrt talking about the tournament. She complains about ehr first table with that "David...uhm...Oppenheim guy that put me on lifetilt" and then says something along the lines of "the combination of lifetilt AND razz is really bad."

- Men the Master was later at her table. Completely drunk kept ordering tons of beer and had a bunch of railbirds. He was extremely loud and talking constantly to his railbirds who were standing right behind Katja. She says they could see her cards and whenever Men and her were in a hand together they would scream stuff like "raise her!" to Men. She called the floor "who did nothing obv" so she got really mad got up from the table and (verbally) stomped Men into the ground. Men leaves and comes back 10 minutes later doesnt say a word and just plays. At the final table she went ahead and "killed him right there. that was my revenge".

- Guys from the next table congratulated her on getting into Men's face because apparently he was annoying the entire room.

- She was afraid the Eskimo guy would die at the table and thought it was stupid to let him keep playing. "So I took him out too".

- winning the bracelet is NOT a dream come true for her. She just wants to play great poker. She thinks she pretty much destroyed the final table.

- at the ladies event she played 5 of the 7 hours great poker. The other two hours she played "just as bad as all those other chickens" (the use of the word chicken in German here basically means incompetent, stupid women who talk too much).

- the interviewer tries to explain to her, why having a bracelet is not all bad after she says something like "what am I supposed to do with this stupid thing?"

- She's planning to party hard and is proud on the German players' performance so far and the two make a bit of fun about the Scandinavians not doing well so far.

- They finish with a high-five that looks pretty lame.

I think that should cover the interesting parts. All-in-all she does come off a bit cocky and I could see how people would hate her. I also don't feel like proofreading the above text. MWHUAHAHAHAHA
Old 06-21-2007, 11:08 AM

she sounds awesome.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:18 AM

She's no Katja Kassin but, I'd imagine good for poker.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She called the floor "who did nothing obv" so she got really mad got up from the table and (verbally) stomped Men into the ground. Men leaves and comes back 10 minutes later doesnt say a word and just plays. At the final table she went ahead and "killed him right there. that was my revenge".

[/ QUOTE ]

Found this on pokerstarsblog.com.

[ QUOTE ]
- She was afraid the Eskimo guy would die at the table and thought it was stupid to let him keep playing. "So I took him out too".

[/ QUOTE ]

"God, baby, hang on, i need your chips."
Old 06-21-2007, 11:23 AM

Many thanks nichtsnutz.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She's no Katja Kassin but, I'd imagine good for poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but then so few can do a good DAP scene.