Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 07:35 PM

Default More problems with stack-off monkeys - AKs

At the start of this hand BTN has 3BB's left. I have got a fair bit experience with these stack-off monkeys and there is a huge chance that his flop raise is air - maybe 75%. He basically decided to shove any flop when he called 2BB before the flop and it left him with 1BB.

Still, the raise puts me in a tough spot. MP3 is clearly going to reraise this, so I'd be calling 3SB's if I call 2SB. And there is still some chance - though I wouldn't say a lot, that BTN has a T. If that is the case, I'm drawing to at most 6 outs for a 3BB side pot with MP3.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP3 raises</font>, 1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, 1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="red">MP3 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (17 SB) T, 2, T (4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="red">Button raises all-in</font>, Hero??????
Old 06-20-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: More problems with stack-off monkeys - AKs

hero folds. You missed the flop and MP3 has shown nothing but strength the whole hand.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hero folds. You missed the flop and MP3 has shown nothing but strength the whole hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. You know when I thought about the hand objectively, it seemed like a fold to me - and I folded at the time. But I suppose I was being a little results oriented about this hand how it played out.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. You know when I thought about the hand objectively, it seemed like a fold to me - and I folded at the time. But I suppose I was being a little results oriented about this hand how it played out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if it's 2 to me with UI overs (meaning no pair and nothing better then a backdoor draw) on most any flop I am usually done regardless of situation.

I'm having trouble finding enough outs for hero to even call on the draw, and it may get more expensive.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:53 PM

I don't see it that way exactly. I think you are calling ~2 for a 20SB pot 10:1 for about a 7:5:1 shot. That is assuming MP3 doesn't hold AA, KK, or AK. So what is MP#'s range? If it is JJ+ to cap preflop we have a problem. I think we can fold this and feel good about it if you agree with that range? Button may be "stacking off" but he could also be stacking off with T2. But he is less of a factor to me than the preflop capper. Psst... we missed the flop.