Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 01:49 PM

Default 99 w/tilter building pot

I open 99 UTG+1
Guy right behind me has 6 SB's left and is ready to just shove them in i'm sure of it. Anything that might see a flop he will raise me with. So of course he 3-bet.
SB who is a bad player (not like bad lag, think like 45/10 kinda guy) cold calls 3.
I cap and both call.

Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Bad SB leads out, I raise, tiler calls all in, call.

Turn is T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Check, I check.

River 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Bet, I call.

I think I played this bad but maybe not. What if the river is a heart are you then folding?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: 99 w/tilter building pot

SB could be donking any pair or strong draw on the flop? We have enough to want to get to SD often. I like the flop raise, but I would bet the turn planning on checking behind the river, folding to any more aggression from SB.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:03 PM

2 problems I had were -

1 - on the flop I have to put 2 bets in minimum because tiltler is always raising.

2 - on the turn if I bet and get raised I'm getting 12-1 with 6 outs (min 4, I give myself 6 here).
Old 06-19-2007, 05:22 PM

Is SB perceptive enough to realize he can checkraise the flop to protect any small made hand?

Is SB dumb enough to be semibluffing a hand that can't win unimproved?

Is SB tricky enough to go for the turn checkraise instead of 3-betting like a normal person?

These are the questions you must answer if you want to make a brilliant decision here.

If my crystal ball was hazy I'd play it just like you did. The ten is an absolutely horrible card that completes all the high gutshots and many of the typical flush draws. I would check to protect my outs and avoid committing extra money with a dubious hand.

The river is a forced call. You've issued an engraved invitation for value bets from sevens, medium pockets, threes and even half-busted 4x flush and straight draws. Not to mention he could be completely bluffing.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:13 AM

If villian would bet a missed flush at the end, I like your line. If you don't know how he plays that well, I still like your line because of the gutshot on the turn. Without the gutshot, I'd bet-fold turn.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If villian would bet a missed flush at the end, I like your line. If you don't know how he plays that well, I still like your line because of the gutshot on the turn. Without the gutshot, I'd bet-fold turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey i know you!

Yeah i think this is right
Old 06-20-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 - on the turn if I bet and get raised I'm getting 12-1 with 6 outs (min 4, I give myself 6 here).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't read too good. Not being able to fold to a turn c/r makes me want to check here much more. nh.