Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: 86ing a player

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Y'all must not be really serious poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just equate being an [censored] with "serious poker player"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a soul here gets it. The implied threat is as good as the act. It's a poker game w/o cards and y'all are too stupid to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Life dealt me 25o and I should have folded preflop but I'm still here. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2007, 02:11 AM

Save yourself the trouble of getting kicked out and/or beat up, and stop going to the game. They don't need you there. I'm certain they don't want you there.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Y'all must not be really serious poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just equate being an [censored] with "serious poker player"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a soul here gets it. The implied threat is as good as the act. It's a poker game w/o cards and y'all are too stupid to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take that over being an excessive douche and not seeing it.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:07 PM

"Not a soul here gets it. The implied threat is as good as the act. It's a poker game w/o cards and y'all are too stupid to see it."

heavily armed: all-in
illegal game: call
heavily armed: uhhhh...just kidding?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're too much of a douche to understand ethics. These people don't have to risk their money against you. The gambling situation is an agreed risk between honorable players, angle shooters like you don't understand that. The only reason why i think they would tolerate some one like you is probably because you're the biggest donkey at the table.

I mean, if you were making bank at the game you probably wouldn't want to risk ending it would you?
Old 06-20-2007, 05:56 PM

My last effort to communicate the situation.

I don't really care one way or the other if I continue to play in this game as it is. It's beatable but smokey, slow and quite unprofessional not to mention illegal and risky.

So I see it as a freeroll. I can make efforts to change the game at the risk of getting 86ed and since I don't mind getting 86ed I'm wondering just what efforts I can make. This hinges on how easy an illegal game can 86 some one. So does anyone have any experience either getting 86ed or 86ing someone from an illegal game?

I'm now begining to guess that no one here knows. There's also an ethic here that I find odd, honor amongst thieves.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:59 PM

Eloquent tool. Mostly tool.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:07 PM

Ok, I work at a poker club in NYC.

Let me just say that you're not seeing the whole picture. You said getting 86'ed from the poker club isn't a concern of yours. Ok sure, understandable. Maybe what you don't realize though is that if you rat out a possible mob-connected club or even threaten to rat them out, you could possibly get 86'ed from life.

"I'm now begining to guess that no one here knows. There's also an ethic here that I find odd, honor amongst thieves."

The players are not thieves but you're certainly ruining for everyone that plays there. That in turn will deliver some terrible karma at your door step and cause you possible injury or even worse.

My advice: I would find a new poker club so you don't get yourself into trouble. What's the rake there anyway? Pretty much everywhere in Manhattan you're paying $5/30min.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:11 PM

I'm of course only talking about time rake and not how much they take out of each pot.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:18 PM

Okay, so let's say you make vague threats to shut the place down unless they change the way they've been doing things in order to accommodate you.

Do you think you'll have a fun time there after that?

What's your motivation here? You have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Okay, so you don't like the game. Who cares? Move on. Don't be a jerk.

Trust me, all of us here "get it". We're not stupid. But this attitude of yours goes a long way towards demonstrating how far you're going to get with these people (ie, not far at all).

The end result for you in this is that you will no longer be playing in the game. Why not save everyone hassle and simply stop going now? If you can't understand how this is +EV for life, then I can't imagine you're a good poker player. I'd invite you to my games, but rule #1 in my room is "don't be an a-hole".