Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: the Billy Packer of Golf is....

Did you guys hear Chris Berman on Thursday and Friday? How he has a job period I don't know, but how anyone could think a loud jerkoff like him has any business calling golf I'll never understand
Old 06-18-2007, 08:30 PM

Miller is awesome. I just like how he doesn't try and be all buddy buddy with the players and isn't afraid to trash them when they play bad. I can see how some people don't like him because he is cocky as hell and unbelievably full of himself.

Berman is just terrible. I think that is the only golf tourney he does all year though? I know he plays golf a decent amount so he probably got it worked in his contract that he gets to call the first two rounds of the U.S. Open every year.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:01 AM

And on top of that when Furyk hit those crappy shots, it seemed pretty clear that he wasn't aware of where he stood on the leader board. I'd be willing to bet that he thought he needed to birdie just to tie so he hit higher risk shots to try to make birdie. Is it a mental breakdown and poor play? Could have been but most likely just his caddie not relaying the information fast enough or not knowing the actual scores of everyone left in the hunt.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:09 PM

I love Miller, and can think of several dozen things he's said I've found insightful or amusing dating back past Kiawah, but the one (for some unknown reason) that popped into my head when I saw this thread was:

(at Olympia Fields-- and very rough from memory)
Miller: So what is Furyk looking at?

Murphy: Well, Johnny, he's got 9 and he doesn't want to go past the pin, and, of course, short is no good at all. He does have that ridge to contend with.

Miller: Why doesn't he just hit that one bounce and stop shot and drop something in there stoney?

(like I said, I'm not sure why that popped into my head despite finding it hilarious)