Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Bonehead play keeps me out of the 60\'s

couple of things come to mind-
I showed up at the wrong course at a monday q. for Ben Hogan Tour event.
I'd qualified the previous two years at Texarkana CC.
I called Sunday afternoon to get my tee time. I just assumed it would be at the same course. Poor assumption.

And,
playing in a pro-am where we started on the 15th hole.
I birdied 3 of the first 4. At the turn, as my partners were getting burgers and cokes, I decided I go ahead and tee off to save a couple minutes.
I striped it down the middle of the fairway, and was feeling pretty good about myself, then realized I'd teed off the 10th instead of the 1st hole. Ouch. Add 2.

Oh yeah, I've also left the pin in a couple of different times when forced to chip over a corner although I was on the green.
Fortunately, I didn't hit the pin either time.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
couple of things come to mind-
I showed up at the wrong course at a monday q. for Ben Hogan Tour event.
I'd qualified the previous two years at Texarkana CC.
I called Sunday afternoon to get my tee time. I just assumed it would be at the same course. Poor assumption.

And,
playing in a pro-am where we started on the 15th hole.
I birdied 3 of the first 4. At the turn, as my partners were getting burgers and cokes, I decided I go ahead and tee off to save a couple minutes.
I striped it down the middle of the fairway, and was feeling pretty good about myself, then realized I'd teed off the 10th instead of the 1st hole. Ouch. Add 2.

Oh yeah, I've also left the pin in a couple of different times when forced to chip over a corner although I was on the green.
Fortunately, I didn't hit the pin either time.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats your hc? just curious as to how good you have to be to play these events..
Old 06-19-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats your hc? just curious as to how good you have to be to play these events..

[/ QUOTE ]

+3 currently.
Then,I think the Monday Q. applications said you either need to be pro or have 2 handicap or better.
But if your check doesn't bounce, they take you! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2007, 02:22 AM

Made 11 on the first hole of a 36 hole tournament, went on to get 2nd by 2. Same story I posted in the other thread. I quit golf 3 weeks ago. Why do something that makes me so mad when I could be fishing.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+3 currently.
Then,I think the Monday Q. applications said you either need to be pro or have 2 handicap or better.
But if your check doesn't bounce, they take you! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever try/come close to qualifying for the U.S. Open?
Old 06-20-2007, 09:21 AM

my senior year of high school, first match of the year at a course i've only played twice before and im 3 under through 7 holes and come up to a par 3 about 205ish into a pretty strong wind. I hit my 3 wood about 250-260 on average and my 3 iron 215-220 so even though the wind was pretty stiff i decide that the correct play is to hit 3 iron and try to keep it under the wind and if i leave it short it will still be ok. Well when i try to keep the ball low and under the wind i sometimes release my hands too much/too quick and pull a sniping hook and that is exactly what happened and it must've gone about 40 yards left once it got caught up in the wind and the ball was out of bounds. i ended up getting a triple bogey on a hole that should've been at worst par or bogey if i played it safe. I ended up birdieing the last hole, a short par 5, and finished with a 1 under 34 that easily could've been a 3 or 4 under round.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+3 currently.

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever try/come close to qualifying for the U.S. Open?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried 4 or 5 times.
Came close once. Ran out of gas on the last 9. (36 holes in one day)
It was the year Steve Jones won.