Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: BBV SURVIVOR
KILL BASTARD 17 100.00%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: NEW Poker After Dark - June 18- International Week

[ QUOTE ]
Oh give me a break, the AA hand was TOTAL CRAP from booth.

Stop being result oriented, limping aces there oop is completely awful, however creative it might be.

GJ letting two guys setmine and a guy with QJs against your AA OOP... but then again he hit the dream flop so he's a hero.

ps: I actually like Booth. But stop dry humping him. the AA hand was bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, that's what was going through my mind. However, after watching this morning's wonderful episode #2, even I'm a Booth fan now. I still favor Negreanu, but was thoroughly impressed by Booth.

As for Brad's Aces hand in episode #1, he does explain to Shana in episode #2, that because they each started with large $20K chipstacks, he decided to be a little tricky.

Episode #2 hand Spoiler:<font color="white">Sure, in episode #2 Booth got pocket aces so often that I lost count, but he did play them very well. Booth's fake toss-fold with his aces, blew Marco's brains out. Marco got lucky on the river, but he needs the prize money more than Brad anyway.</font>
Old 06-20-2007, 03:04 AM

Do not miss tonight's episode #2 of PAD. Even if you're not a Booth fan (I wasn't until tonight), you will be dazzled by his sneaky moves and great plays. He's scary-good. He stacks his chips like a machine.

There were so many good hands in this episode, that if I didn't know any better, I'd swear that somehow I just watched a new episode of High Stakes Poker.

Overall Grade: A- (but probably deserves higher grade-I'm just too spoiled.)
Old 06-20-2007, 03:34 AM

A+++++++ Brad Booth wins every hand that he is in and every hand he is not in he spends fingerblasting Shana Hiatt.

Highlights include:
3-betting patrik with 4 high or some such nonsense (i was jumping up and down in my house when this happened. i finally felt what sports fans feel when they watch the super bowl/nba finals/world series of baseball)!
Getting negreanu to call a pf raise, flop bet, and getting dn to lead the turn with 3 high into booth's aa!
Angling Marco Harman and then saying how "greasy" it was!

lolz @ the way david benyamine says "flush draw"... "fluzdreu"
Old 06-20-2007, 03:57 AM

Yup, I knew for sure you'd love it. If I thought it was great, well... your grade says it all.

Not being a Booth fan, at the time of his bluff on Patrick, it hurt me so much to watch Patrick squirm in his seat and not make the call.

After being bitch-slapped in episode #1 by Booth's bluff, I was about 75% sure Patrick would make the call this time (especially with a somewhat ok board), but he pulled another Ivey, and folded.

Can't anybody read Booth partially, other than Daniel? (I know Daniel is often just guessing, but he's still a pretty good guesser.)

This episode is another example of why it's so easy for me to not be impressed by so many poker shows. The more of these great episodes I watch, the more spoiled I become.

Eventually, unless I see a Royal Flush or Shana has a wardrobe malfunction, I'll probably dismiss most of the PAD episodes that have just a few good hands in them, as boring crap.

Hopefully, I've got at least a few more weeks to go, until this happens. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2007, 04:08 AM

the hand where PA check rarised the Qhigh flush to DN 9 high flush was great, especially when DN says something alogn the lines of " you're crazy, u must not be playign your A game" tough hand for DN but very entertaining

best PAD ive seen
Old 06-20-2007, 05:23 AM

Brad is sick fun to watch, I can see why he's so good live but mediocre online. I wonder how many people will be flatcalling Aces now because of this episode
Old 06-20-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brad is sick fun to watch, I can see why he's so busto live and busto online. I wonder how many people will be busto after flatcalling with Aces now because of this episode

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 06-20-2007, 09:26 AM

One, Brad would absolutely dump the aces with a bad flop, did you see how fast he drop the Q's? Clearly with the four callers he was on his guard if a bad flop had come. I believe this happened on a HSP hand.

Two, Marco is much better now. I would not be surprised if next year he is the new Joe Sebok. He has spent alot of time watching the best players in the world. His results so far this WSOP have been very impressive, he just needs to learn how to take the pressure of final tables.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:50 AM

Poker Face, you know Booth is busto now right..
Old 06-20-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Face, you know Booth is busto now right..

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually a lie spread by the liberal media to smear the great brad booth. His highness is as robusto as possible.