Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Fours
Black 14 31.82%
Red 17 38.64%
Mixed 13 29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Can anyone fill us in on Vanessa Rousso altercation?

[ QUOTE ]
Hurry up with the photoshopping of the Peter North -Tori Welles scene from Night Trips of this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-19-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My favorite parts of this thread are:

1) The fanboys defending Vanessa even though there have been several witnesses that say she's full of [censored] in her recap of the incident.

2) The photoshop job a few replies up.

3) The fact that Vanessa is as long-winded on a message board as she is in real-life.

4) Rottersod using the old "your on the internet so you cant possible have a girlfriend" posts because you post about some [censored] chick

5) No one seems to be bothered by the guy who said she had a big Jew nose.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-19-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

To VR, Brandi and others who think they can spread lies about 2+2er's: Check yourself before you wreck yourself. We have eyes everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this

[/ QUOTE ]

After seeing me, you, and more than a few others stick up for Gobbo when people made fun of his looks I would have thought you would have done the same for Vanessa.

Whether she was right or wrong about this I don't think it's fair for so many to hide behind a computer and make fun of someone elses looks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was making NO comment on her looks, or critiquing in ANY way the disparaging remarks about her looks, NicksDad? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I actually think she's kind of pretty. My post was merely an approval of the 2+2 solidarity. I like Aaron Been and think he almost got a raw deal here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I somewhat regret the way I made that post. You certainly did nothing wrong and I'm sorry about that. But I never meant to lead on that I thought you were making fun of her looks. I only thought that if you were going to post in this thread you would stick up for someone being made fun of based on their looks. My guess is it hurts you to see people make fun of Gobbo.

As far as it being ok to make fun of her because she markets herself based on her looks I'm not sure I agree with your thought process. No doubt if she was ugly she wouldn't be getting all the attention but should she just turn it down?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:53 PM

of course it hurts me when people make fun of my son. Not to mention I disagree, as I do about Vanessa Rousso. But VR isn't my kid, and I have nothing at stake in defending her about anything and as a grown woman she can defend herself, I would think. I saw no need to comment on this thread until the guy posted on how 2+2ers are everywhere and won't let anyone shi* on their brethren and I thought that was cool.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow, what a bunch of snobby little brat kids.

i could care less who is "right", but she came and gave her side of the story to a bunch of kids, knowing what would probably (and did) happen, and that is what this place is all about.

grow up 90% of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice read fish

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the best you could come up with?

sighhhhhhhh

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice picture JAWWAG (just another whitey with an Asian girlfriend).

You pick her up on your shore leave?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:40 PM

Vanessa? If you're reading this:

Ignore these other guys - I'd totally hit that. With the lights on. Call me.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hi i was the short stack who pushed all in inbetween russo/bb

i told my friend about the story after it happened and today he linked me to this thread

the story went down exactly as aaron said, that girl is crazy if she really believes what she typed

[/ QUOTE ]
Cue the VR defenders saying this isn't actually the short stack player, and even if if was, they still believe VR and woulda kicked AB's ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, no, i'm convinced and retract even the partial defense I was offering earlier. Btw, that pic you posted is the first i've seen of her.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:57 PM

Does anyone have that picture of the monkeys throwing poop at each other? I think that would fit here.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:30 PM

I was just playing my match in the Event 31 $5k heads up. All of a sudden, right behind me, I hear a girl scream "Oh my God, that's [censored] sick!", loud enough for half of the room to hear her. Then I turn around and a guy says "But I flopped it." Then I see Vanessa Rousso grab her bag and storm out of the tournament room.

It immediately reminded me of this post, so I had to come and comment, lol.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:45 PM

I actually think the focus on looks in signing female players is very negative. Significantly better players are overlooked in limited field invited events so they can festoon it with eyecandy. Clearly the equivalency in the men's field is the lounder, more confrontational players like Shieky. This hurts the solid, quiet, polite players of both sexes.

It looks to me like everyone was somewhat out of line. Vanessa should learn to be quiet if she doesn't want to get talked back to, but Aaron may have done more than was really appropriate, esp. since he wasn't even in the hand. There's nothing wrong with complaining to her boyfriend afterward, as long as all she is doing is venting.