Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Question reguarding bankroll

Hi I am thinking about starting off with cash games on absolute poker using the 100 + bonus I deposited. My question is, the lowest limit I see for nl is .5 .10 . I have read that you have to have 100 buy ins to play at any limit. so .5 .10 seems out of reach for now. So what should I start on? 1 dollar sngs? or small stakes limit games? I wanted to do cash games because of rakeback and because of the bonuses but if it seems to risky I'll stick with Sngs. What does everyone think?
Old 06-19-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Question reguarding bankroll

AP isn't really the best place to start given that they don't spread games below 5c/10c NL. Some of the other sites have smaller games (Stars and UB I think). IMO the deposit bonus is not worth that much at 5c/10c as it will probably expire well before you can clear it. Go learn the game and build a roll somewhere else (Stars) and then deposit $500 on AP so you can get a $500 bonus which you can clear playing 50NL.

Lucky
Old 06-19-2007, 08:07 PM

Sngs seem to be the best way to build your bankroll in the very beginning IMO
Old 06-19-2007, 08:07 PM

Also, 100 buy ins is way too excessive especially for .05/.10. I think 25 buy ins is more than enough for that level.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:39 AM

i dont play cash games but for tournies i like to keep around 20 buy ins for every limit to cut down on variance
Old 06-20-2007, 03:53 AM

The "you need X buy-ins" rule is only valid when you can't deposit again when you lose. You don't need to follow it when if you lose your initial, say, $50, you can just deposit again with no problem.

It is valid if you have a roll of thousands of dollars, where if you lose it, you can only deposit $50 again and would spend a ridiculous amout of time to get your roll back.

This doesn't mean that playing NL50 with a $50 roll is a good idea. Just play as low as you can and only move up when you are rolled for the next level.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:39 AM

100 buyins is way to crazy , 20-30 is pretty standard , ..i suggest you start playing full ring first and then jump into 6max ,

there's alot less variance playing full ring cash than there is 6max and the games are way more passive than 6max ..

play at full tilt , rakeback is good but their software is a little laggy

rakeback>>>>>>>>>lag
Old 06-20-2007, 11:51 AM

hi thanks for the help. reguarding the lag issue and rakeback, is that why my absolute software is crashing and lagging sometimes? I have a GREAT PC so thats not the issue. I have started playing 1 dollar sngs and sometimes the game will completely crash my PC. it only happnes when I have absolute running and I use raketherake.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:56 PM

100 buy-ins is typical for tournament and sit and go play. 20 to 30 max buy-ins is standard for ring games.

KineticAA