Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: sbrugby loses a million; plays a 1.6 million pot

Apparantly there were a bunch of huge pots right before the game broke. This is all kinda second hand obv, as I was playing in the 40 mix game which is right outside bobbys room. A few guys kept coming over and telling the guy sitting next to me what was going on.

Apparantly bobby won a 2mil pot where Sammy had flopped top set of J's against a huge wrap draw. Doyle, Eli, David, etc. all got up and watched as the pot was going on, so you know it was a biggie. Then what seemed like 30 mins later Bobby walked outta there and apparantly got busted by Sammy. The hand I heard involved bobby having 88kx on a 822 flop and sammy having KK and rivering the one outer. Game broke right after hearing all this.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:11 PM

they should put a 2 trillion dollar cap for a hand.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:21 PM

He is playing Benyamine at 300/600 now, but just started so very shallow. DB has $350k across a couple of NLHE 200/400 ring tables too, with a couple of buy-ins coming from BT.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:54 PM

sounds like sammy has tilt issues. seriously who would play KK that deep like that for all their chips? he can't even beat a naked deuce.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm sure Aba's own notes on Benyamine say "DNB". Doh obv that's the problem he wasn't at the computer where he could consult his notepad!

[/ QUOTE ]
Bluffing online is one thing. Bluffing $400,000 in a live game after David calls his flop check raise and turn bet is remarkable and/or foolish.

I really don't know what your post means...I guess you are insulting one of us. Great contribution.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like sammy has tilt issues. seriously who would play KK that deep like that for all their chips? he can't even beat a naked deuce.

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot make a judgement on his play without knowing all the action that happened prior to it, this isnt 50nl mentality
Old 06-19-2007, 08:18 PM

I think its fair to estimate he has an ~ 8 million br and you can argue Degenyamine has a negative br. Even to lose 10% of your roll in one hand seems ridiculous to me and obviously it gets much worse for David.

All the guys who play in that game unless they are worth 30 million or have less then half of their own action are degens.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm sure Aba's own notes on Benyamine say "DNB". Doh obv that's the problem he wasn't at the computer where he could consult his notepad!

[/ QUOTE ]
Bluffing online is one thing. Bluffing $400,000 in a live game after David calls his flop check raise and turn bet is remarkable and/or foolish.

I really don't know what your post means...I guess you are insulting one of us. Great contribution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my above post
Old 06-19-2007, 08:34 PM

bld,

i just wanted to say that while i haven't noticed you coming up with any big pieces of gossip of your own, i think you're amongst the most valuable nvg posters.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot make a judgement on his play without knowing all the action that happened prior to it, this isnt 50nl mentality

[/ QUOTE ]

That, and I would assume sammy had a deuce.