Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 06:01 PM

Default 10/20 JJ facing turn CRAI

Dont have the HH so Will have to do it manually

Villain [26/18/2 over 1k datamined] limps UTG, next guy limps, I make it 110 on the button with JJ no spades

Back to villain, he calls. Next guy folds. Flop comes 256 with a spade draw. He check calls and the pot is around 600 or so.

Turn is 5o, he checks I bet 550 leaving 1050 or so behind and he CRAI. I?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: 10/20 JJ facing turn CRAI

Is he aggro enough to have 99, TT?

I'd call anyway because I think you see draws here a lot. Was the original 5 a spade?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:12 PM

The limp call UTG is sort of bizarre from a good player. I don't know what his range when he does this, but I'm guessing it's mostly small pairs, which doesn't bode well for you.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:25 PM

I don't like making a turn bet here unless you plan on calling a shove.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:32 PM

your BEST case scenario (the only non air hand you beat) is a small pp with a gutshot sfd. i really dont see how you can call this profitably, i mean he cant expect you to fold here getting 3:1.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your BEST case scenario (the only non air hand you beat) is a small pp with a gutshot sfd. i really dont see how you can call this profitably, i mean he cant expect you to fold here getting 3:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is with 44ss?
Old 06-20-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd call anyway because I think you see draws here a lot. Was the original 5 a spade?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know anything more about him, and I dont know if the 5 was a spade because I dont have the hand history so working from memory
Old 06-20-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know anything more about him, and I dont know if the 5 was a spade because I dont have the hand history so working from memory

[/ QUOTE ]

Well a 26/18 who limps has SCs, pps, as well as Axs at times right? So I'd say you're up against a draw rather often and you can put it in.

Unless he only limp/calls pps, in which case you're [censored].
Old 06-20-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Villain [26/18/2 over 1k datamined] limps UTG, next guy limps, I make it 110 on the button with JJ no spades

Back to villain, he calls. Next guy folds. Flop comes 256 with a spade draw. He check calls and the pot is around 600 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

need to know if the 5 was a spade on the flop. that makes a difference.

also, consider this:

when you get action on this flop, i think it's pretty safe to say that you're not that [censored] happy about it. i.e., the hands that call the flop will often be even money, like two overs and a flush draw, one over and a flush draw, and then the times you're getting called by pp's < JJ is less than the times you're getting called by everything > JJ. e.g., villain calls here with pp's < JJ x% and calls with everything > JJ y%, where y > x.

point is, you want to practice pot control in spots like this, b/c you want to make it to showdown, and you dont want to have bloated the pot and be facing the decision you're facing now.

i'd probably check back on the turn and play the river accordingly, b/c are you value bettting, bluffing, or protecting your hand on the turn, it doesn't seem like you know which one it is.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

need to know if the 5 was a spade on the flop. that makes a difference.

also, consider this:

when you get action on this flop, i think it's pretty safe to say that you're not that [censored] happy about it. i.e., the hands that call the flop will often be even money, like two overs and a flush draw, one over and a flush draw, and then the times you're getting called by pp's < JJ is less than the times you're getting called by everything > JJ.

point is, you want to practice pot control in spots like this, b/c you want to make it to showdown, and you dont want to have bloated the pot and be facing the decision you're facing now.

i'd probably check back on the turn and play the river accordingly, b/c are you value bettting, bluffing, or protecting your hand on the turn, it doesn't seem like you know which one it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree completely with this. You want to get everything in on the turn vs draws, even combo draws.