Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Suited junk makes TPNK. Turn play.

[ QUOTE ]
As played and with a guy who likes to donk draws I like c/r this blank turn. It might just get rid of straight draws and get an extra bet from flush draws that don't hit. It also lets us dump it if it comes back to us two bets.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem I have with this is that I'm not sure that CO will bet again in the case he has a draw. He easily could, but I'd want to tighten his range up to some more made hands if he does bet again, and in that case, I'm slightly less excited about the thought of making this pot huge, since I'm slightly more behind his range on the turn than on the flop. Secondly, no one is going to fold a straight draw for another bet. If they called 1 bet getting 7:1 or better, they aren't going to fold getting 11:1 or better.

If I'm going to check/raise anything, it's because I think I'm ahead, not because I'm trying to protect my hand.

Checking and being able to fold if Button or SB wakes up though does have some merits.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold preflop. i'm fine defending with this hand, but i'm not fine with playing it in a 4(!)-way pot.

i am elated that no one has suggested donking the flop. the kool-aid is working!

i like the flop check and i like the flop call. trapping the field with TPNK makes no sense to me. i like re-evaluating the turn instead.

this turn card is perfect. i donk it.

[/ QUOTE ]

^ winner I think.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:00 PM

yea first time i read this one
i lean toward folding pf as well
Old 06-19-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea where we are at.

Check calling the flop has got us lost. Is everyone drawing? Are we outkicked? So I think a flop CR was probably your best option here. I don't like playing TPNK OOP multiway so I will try to thin the field early.

As played I check call the turn for 1 more and re-evaluate the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the classic newbie mistake of thinking we have to know where we stand in the hand. You need to learn to kick back and enjoy the uncertainty when it's profitable to do so, or at least when it's not profitable to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many outs are you working with to say that this situation is profitible? 6.5? Maybe 6 or 5.5 due to some outkicking?