Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: 4 tabling vs. 8-10 tabling

[ QUOTE ]
Get PT and PAHUD and 8-10 table. If you need to 4 table a little longer to pay for those things first then do that, its worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Maybe tell yourself that the next $x you make is going to go towards buying this software, and then you will make the switch
Old 06-19-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No. You play the situations. You probably play far fewer hands earlier than you would otherwise, but I think the value lost in doing this is quite minimal.

[/ QUOTE ]At which buyin level does this start to affect the ROI?

In my expereince the lower buyin levels are almost always decided on the bubble where the higher level buyins often require you to play all your marginal hands for the maximum value.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:13 PM

At about 15 tables its about the most amount I can play while still playing the best.

I can play 30 tables but of course, my play is much worse.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:30 PM

I 9 table without pt or hud.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:23 PM

Evolve-

After hundreds, maybe thousands, of SNGs, and studying the game for a long period of time, you start seeing each decision as a "chunk" of information rather than lots of little pieces. Hand and position, blinds and stack-sizes, number of players, etc. all becomes one chunk of matter that is easily processed by your brain into one preflop action: Fold or raise. (Sometimes obviously, you are limping or calling, but for the most part you're either folding, making your standard 3x open raise, or pushing.) Not a lot of time in an SNG is spent playing post-flop (if you are any good.) 8-tabling is not at all difficult for most veterans of the SNG wars. In fact, any less would probably bore a lot of people to tears.

There just aren't a lot of situations that come up that require all that much thought. Kind of sad, in a way, but that's how it is. A lot of people on this forum I would guess 10-table at the nearly the same win rate that they would have 4-tabling. These same people would likely get destroyed 10-tabling cash games that they maybe could beat 1-tabling. SNGs are just very robotic.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people on this forum I would guess 10-table at double win rate that they would have 4-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 06-19-2007, 10:59 PM

I played cash games for a while before going back to SnGs recently. I multi-tabled cash games, 6-10 tables, so I was use to it already, especially when you require constant thought at cash games as oppose to most tournament formats.

I slowly added tables when I played and it just became natural. First at 2 tables it was ok, then 4 was starting to feel fast but after a month I moved to 6 and then 8-10.

It's all about practicing and adding more and more tables. I find it hard to play less than 6 now.

Also as far as placement goes, I play on FTP and I make sure I can see all my hands at all the tables while placing them. I usually have 2 columns of 3-4 tables on each side. I overlap them with "smart layering" in mind, where I leave enough space in between each window so I can see my avatar/cards on any given table at any time. It works great. (I use a 21" monitor)
Old 06-20-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to start playing with lots of overlap(cascading) you definintely want to get PT and HUD before you start.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-20-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I 9 table without pt or hud.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-20-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Evolve-

After hundreds, maybe thousands, of SNGs, and studying the game for a long period of time, you start seeing each decision as a "chunk" of information rather than lots of little pieces. Hand and position, blinds and stack-sizes, number of players, etc. all becomes one chunk of matter that is easily processed by your brain into one preflop action: Fold or raise. (Sometimes obviously, you are limping or calling, but for the most part you're either folding, making your standard 3x open raise, or pushing.) Not a lot of time in an SNG is spent playing post-flop (if you are any good.) 8-tabling is not at all difficult for most veterans of the SNG wars. In fact, any less would probably bore a lot of people to tears.

There just aren't a lot of situations that come up that require all that much thought. Kind of sad, in a way, but that's how it is. A lot of people on this forum I would guess 10-table at the nearly the same win rate that they would have 4-tabling. These same people would likely get destroyed 10-tabling cash games that they maybe could beat 1-tabling. SNGs are just very robotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.. I guess i have a looooonnnng way to go before i get into multi-tabling then. I have a little over 500 games on pstars & i think had more than that on doyle's before the conversion.