Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Adjusting to Wild Games

[ QUOTE ]
I've found that when I play big pairs I get sucked out on unless there are only a few players (3-4 on the flop and 1-2 after the turn).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.

However, you still make more money with more players in against you.

b
Old 06-19-2007, 01:43 PM

This game the OP describes sounds a lot like the Canterbury 8/16 game very loose/aggressive and very wild with 3 bets and capping possible at any time.
I will try and use what people say here and apply it to that game.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:32 PM

4/8 at Commerce often plays just like this. Position becomes much more important to me. From EPs, I like to play only hands that I would be comfortable cold calling. I normally play the "Hawaii hand" (QJo). But not here. I need it to be QJs. From CO or the Button, the range can open up a lot and I am trying to play more aggressively from these positions in these situations. (Since the hand is likely to wind up capped anyway, why not be the capper WITH position?)

So overall, I'll play fewer hands then I would at the "typical" LAP table and I'll be absolute position sensitive.

Variance will be big, and you have to pay attention to pot odds. I actually had the odds to draw to the gutshot for a Broadway straight last Sat. so I took the shot and it came in for a needed 100+ win. So once you are in the hand, different odds than you normally face may make it good play to see more rivers, particularly if players tighten up their raising standards on later streets.

While these games are wild, IMO LAP tables remain better sources of more consistent profits.