Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Fours
Black 14 31.82%
Red 17 38.64%
Mixed 13 29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Can anyone fill us in on Vanessa Rousso altercation?

Since I don't know any of these "players" personally (though I did play with VR in Reno a year or so ago and she cried when she got knocked out), I was not really taking sides, just reading for entertainment value.

Then a buddy told me about this Chad Brown link

http://www.downtownchadbrown.com/

How could this guy date anyone other than someone like Rousso? They completely deserve each other. Take that however you want.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:13 PM

Vanessa,

If you're reading this, it's no secret that there's an unfortunate climate of woman-hating on this site (and seemingly in poker in general). Poker players tend to get jealous very easily and a lot of men can't handle losing to women. I seriously wouldn't waste your time here :/

PS Why was it wrong for Chad to ask him to apologize? I would have done the same thing if someone treated my girlfriend like that for no reason.

Ryan
Old 06-19-2007, 12:15 PM

Especially check out the "gallery". He obviously has a lot in common with an average looking young girl. Sort of wrapped up in the glam-shot thing.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:23 PM

People also seem to be forgetting that Aaron was responding to Vanessa berating the other guy, not berating her out of the blue. Those of you who think its inappropriate to berate other players should be turning your hate equally on both of them not just Aaron.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vanessa, I seriously wouldn't waste your time here :/

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think as games get tougher, we need to follow Ryan's lead and tell all the fish who wonder here to GTFO
Old 06-19-2007, 12:26 PM

This thread has been hilarious on so many levels

1. Neither Peter North or Chad Brown can act

2. Chad Brown OPENLY threatened the young guy right in front of me and a few dozen others (I almost stepped in but thought of Richard Brodie and a certain 86ing I would get if I hit the aforementioned actor goon)

3. Vanessa Rousso is perhaps the most obnoxious little drama queen I have ever had the displeasure of being seated near, IT does not shut up all frickin day EVER, whine whine whine.....stfu already..

4. Rousso has openly berated others play in my presence on numerous occassions

5. Rousso has annoyed the beJesus out of many a long time pro with slow rolls, game theory (this is not bond arbitrage my dear), annoying pathetic calls and suck outs followed up by speeches, ridiculously long hand times where calling a clock is the only way to get her to stfu

6. A mate was at the table concerned and relays the story pretty much as Rowan Atkinson's son relates it here not as Miss Rousso does

7. Sledging, trash talking etc is common-place in sports (even golf and poker now) and while I HATE it on the green felt it is just part of the sport, live with it. BUT here we have a case where a known annoying sledger calls out someone who by my understanding was giving something back and stopping her berating the pocket 10s dude for NOT SUCKING OUT (she checked the frickin flop)
Old 06-19-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

QFT. This did not get enough love. Yet another day when I show up to the office at 7:30 determined to bill some serious money, and yet again life interferes and I find myself reading a 200-post thread. Sean Penn as Aaron Been. Phoebe Cates as Vanessa, and Peter North as Chad Brown. Fast Times @ Ridgemont High II.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bring back from the dead, Ray "My Favorite Martian" Walston as Mr. Hand, I'm there!

[/ QUOTE ]

NH. At this point we need Admo to play Jackson to my Tolkein and turn this yarn into a beautiful vision. No shirt, no shoes, no service. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vanessa,

If you're reading this, it's no secret that there's an unfortunate climate of woman-hating on this site (and seemingly in poker in general). Poker players tend to get jealous very easily and a lot of men can't handle losing to women. I seriously wouldn't waste your time here :/

PS Why was it wrong for Chad to ask him to apologize? I would have done the same thing if someone treated my girlfriend like that for no reason.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, nice try but stop angling to be her rebound boyfriend.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRIRembBbE0

chad brown checking behind nuts on the river. beware this hand will put you on instatilt.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread has been hilarious on so many levels

1. Neither Peter North or Chad Brown can act

2. Chad Brown OPENLY threatened the young guy right in front of me and a few dozen others (I almost stepped in but thought of Richard Brodie and a certain 86ing I would get if I hit the aforementioned actor goon)

3. Vanessa Rousso is perhaps the most obnoxious little drama queen I have ever had the displeasure of being seated near, IT does not shut up all frickin day EVER, whine whine whine.....stfu already..

4. Rousso has openly berated others play in my presence on numerous occassions

5. Rousso has annoyed the beJesus out of many a long time pro with slow rolls, game theory (this is not bond arbitrage my dear), annoying pathetic calls and suck outs followed up by speeches, ridiculously long hand times where calling a clock is the only way to get her to stfu

6. A mate was at the table concerned and relays the story pretty much as Rowan Atkinson's son relates it here not as Miss Rousso does

7. Sledging, trash talking etc is common-place in sports (even golf and poker now) and while I HATE it on the green felt it is just part of the sport, live with it. BUT here we have a case where a known annoying sledger calls out someone who by my understanding was giving something back and stopping her berating the pocket 10s dude for NOT SUCKING OUT (she checked the frickin flop)

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is teh nuts. Very well said.