Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: NBA draft discussion thread

I went to the first round of games in NO this year and got to see Florida play twice.

Couple things that stood out.

- Corey Brewer is just sick. At first I thought he looked like a d-bag, but his play won me over. I wanted to root against him but I couldn't. He ripped the heart out of a lot of teams. One thing I keep wondering about though is why nobody questions his bulk, when everyone questions Durant's. If anyone looks like they could be snapped in two by an NBA player, it's Brewer. I actually think he'll be a great NBA player, maybe even an all-star someday; just seems odd that nobody has brought this up.

- Noah is a great team player. Maybe he's annoying, funny looking, whatever. As GKA mentioned, he does the little things and doesn't seem to care a bit about his own stats. Also he shoots free throws like a 7-year-old, but he can work on that. I think I'd be happy to get him as a Celtics fan... definitely happier than rolling the dice on an unknown like Yi.

FWIW I was rooting against Florida in both games I watched, and I am biased against all Florida schools in general.