Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Places where i bet with 100% of my range

I have no idea why im posting this, but this is one of those things i do, which i assume most of you do. But ive never thought about it much.

this one is so super standard but...

sb open limps, i check the BB (yes i raise a lot), he checks the flop, im betting 100%.

villain1 opens UTG, badish guy calls in mp, i call in position. flop XXX but on the dry side is best, they both check, i bet 100%.

there are some other spots, where my frequency is super high, but these are probably the highest. thoughts? super standard, leak, predictable, whatever, maybe this sucks.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Places where i bet with 100% of my range

In the first scenario, I raise PF like 99% of the time unless villain starts to catch on. But assuming I check, yes I do that.

Second scenario, I usually bet, but not always. Like you said, dry flops are more ideal.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:27 AM

I like this thread. I agree with the first scenario more than the second. I definetely prefer to have equity if called too. I'd rather bet 9T on a 67K board than A5s on the same board.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:33 AM

1. I don't always do this, particularly against terrible players who peel ridiculously light, and sometimes I just don't do it because fish like to see flops and turns and rivers, so I let them to keep them at the table. I noticed that some fish leave when they don't like the action for one reason or another. I still raise their limps like always, but in meaningless pots I check it down quite a bit with nothing.

2. Definitely. And it works extremely well.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:39 AM

the flop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2007, 12:42 AM

I open limp in the SB and auto-bet the flop 95% of the time

so +EV for the stakes and players I play
Old 06-19-2007, 12:44 AM

OK seriously,

I PFR and get HU in position. I miss the flop which comes all low cards and I check behind. Villain checks the turn.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:52 AM

I tend to enjoy playing tiny little pots with position BB v SB. You can easily induce bad players to make dumb bluffs and bad calls. It's not alot of equity but those little 6BB pots really give alot more value than just always buying their 1BB. Of course if your hand's entirely unplayable then it's better to just try to buy the pot.

Number two is something I think that's so easily exploited. I exploit it in my own games by mixing check raises, with a semi-wide but solid range, in on flops where I was the preflop aggressor. Extremely profitable. But doesn't seem many other people try to exploit that so I also generally just try to buy the pot when checked to.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:53 AM

this is a good thread. from bb in sb/bb battles i do it the most
Old 06-19-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to enjoy playing tiny little pots with position BB v SB. You can easily induce bad players to make dumb bluffs and bad calls. It's not alot of equity but those little 6BB pots really give alot more value than just always buying their 1BB. Of course if your hand's entirely unplayable then it's better to just try to buy the pot.

Number two is something I think that's so easily exploited. I exploit it in my own games by mixing check raises, with a semi-wide but solid range, in on flops where I was the preflop aggressor. Extremely profitable. But doesn't seem many other people try to exploit that so I also generally just try to buy the pot when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of times when some donk limps in I'll raise a small amount, like 3xbb. They almost always call and I get to pwn them postflop.

Vs a decent player who I don't particularly want to take a flop against, I make it 4x to induce them to fold.