Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Stealing from the Big Blind

[ QUOTE ]
I've tried it with 2 or 3 limpers. If you get too many limpers, then there are good pot odds to call, so you'd want a good hand in this case, since there's a pretty good chance you'll get called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always felt that the pot odds trumped the FE..and so I actually will push a little looser in these spots..55-66, KQ or so..stack size plays a huge part here though.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:44 PM

I think this is, as usual, a case of "it depends". It depends on the players you're doing this against, how often you'll do it, and what image you have at the table. It can certainly be a good move to do occasionally, but not often.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:34 PM

It used to be a pretty decent move so then naturally it was correct to start limping with strong hands in the 10-15 BB range. You could take it too the bank when you picked up AA-JJ/AK in EP since someone would try the move with 76 or 33 basically every time. Doing it anymore is just suicidal. You are feeling sick with something like AK or TT let alone garbage if you get a couple limpers. You are like, "raise, push, do [censored] anything but limp."

At the lower limits I'm sure it's fine
Old 06-18-2007, 10:55 PM

I think these are OK raises, from CO or button, with large enough stack size. If you make a standard raise and follow it with a continuation bet of 1/2 pot, that will cost 6xBB if it fails, so you want a pretty good size stack, like 25-30 x BB. You should have reads though, as by the time your stack's this big, you've probably been playing awhile. If the reason you don't have reads is because you're multi-tabling, then skip it, because it is probably marginally profitable.

KJo is definitely strong enough, IMO, to raise; 98s is marginal, but probably OK I think.