Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: weird preflop spot with short stack, 2500 NL

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like a really easy fold to me. Just cant imagine how anything but folding will be +EV here. Also we aren't that short, and people fold too much to open pushes, especially live.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, pushing is retarded.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:59 PM

Thanks DJK. This looks so far from close that I'll shut up now. I can make it closer by suggesting if we'll really have opening FE with a 5.5k stack because live players are nits, then there is slight but nevertheless % that both do fold and I'd include all pairs in SB's range (how many fold 22 there?) and I think HJ's isoing range is slightly narrower.

Nevertheless, it's not looking good.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:11 PM

my first instinct was to call given that it's a smallish raise, only 1400 more to you with tons of money in the pot and then play poker afterwards given flop texture, although perhaps you can go broke too easily. Also I guess it greatly hurts your fold equity on future shoves if you call and fold the flop. Still though I kind of hate folding for 1400 more when you could take down a big pot on the flop or double up since you dont have many chips and could get looked up by any pair. Is calling here terrible?
Old 06-13-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my first instinct was to call given that it's a smallish raise, only 1400 more to you with tons of money in the pot and then play poker afterwards given flop texture, although perhaps you can go broke too easily. Also I guess it greatly hurts your fold equity on future shoves if you call and fold the flop. Still though I kind of hate folding for 1400 more when you could take down a big pot on the flop or double up since you dont have many chips and could get looked up by any pair. Is calling here terrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes
Old 06-13-2007, 06:10 PM

If you had a little better hand, like 22, A9o, KJo, JTs or something, you could push.

Flat calling might be OK with a suited connector or something.

Problem here is you don't have a hand and you don't have FE, so you fold.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be fair I don't think you can just say top 30% of hands. SB is raising a lot of that range

[/ QUOTE ]
No, he's not. SB isn't a 2+2er who has noticed the HJ is opening a wide range from LP. He's a live donk. He's called because he has a hand that isn't good enough to raise.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:58 PM

Default results

thanks for the comments guys, I guess folding is right... in the actual hand I got confused and made the worst play in poker, calling, and I made things worse by not shoving the Q72r flop... I ended up folding on the turn and the hands were AKo for HJ and T9s for SB... I busted out half an orbit later all-in pre KJs vs. A8s