Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: whats the rule when a winning all-in player leaves thinking he los

[ QUOTE ]
i think if a player misreads his hand, it is not the dealer or other players job to help him out in world series of poker event

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what the dealers job entails. In addition to dealing the cards his job is to ensure that the winning hand is pushed the pot at showdown.

James Woods or not, he's entitled to be less than superhuman and make a mistake.

The fact that you're criticizing him for something as simple as misreading his hand and yet you don't understand this very basic and widely accepted rule is rather hypocritical, don't you think? Surely you should expect a player who is playing in the World Series to understand the rules....
Old 06-18-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol. wow, ask a question about what the rule is and get trashed and called a whole bunch of names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that your OP sounded a lot like someone who is upset that he wasn't pushed a pot that he didn't actually win. The responses you received are typical of the responses that any other angle-shooter would receive on this board.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol. wow, ask a question about what the rule is and get trashed and called a whole bunch of names. all i wanted to know was what the rule is. so for those of you who play a lot of tournaments, the obvious answer was to push the chips to him because the cards were turned up and he won. okay. sounds reasonable. that is all you had to say. is it that serious that you need to throw in all the name calling? how old are all of you? i wasn't bitter about losing a total of less than 4 blinds that i won back from him less than 5 minutes later anyways. (read the details on cardplayer, event #6). we were all in again 5 minutes later and he lost. i just never had seen that situation before and was curious to what the rule was.

as far as everyone who thinks that i'm such an evil dishonest person for not saying anything, get serious. i think if a player misreads his hand, it is not the dealer or other players job to help him out in world series of poker event. if that means push his stack and blind him off than so be it. have any of you even played sports before?? do you think if derek jeter gets tagged out at the plate and the ump blows the call, that he stops and says "oh no, i'm actually out." get real. if you pay $1,500 and enter a world series event, learn to read your hand or suffer the consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, my guess is that a lot of people here are internet players who haven't come across this type of situation. In the B& M world a hand that is tabled is valid even if the winner walks away. It IS the dealers job to point out the winning hand by pushing the community cards forward to make the made hand from the players cards. And it's also the dealers job to let the player know he has the winning hand in case he misread the board - so long as he has tabled his cards.

If Woods still wants to leave then his chips just get blinded off.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:42 PM

On my 2nd table of the shootout we were 3 handed, winner moves onto the final table. On a board of AQJT8 the BB and I both tabled on our hands. I was holding A6 and he had A9. After he looks at my hand he says "chop chop" and the dealer agrees and starts dividing up the small pot. It was late so I didn't see that he had a straight until half the pot was being pushed to me. I ended up not saying anything. Midway through the next hand Dewey Tomko says to the other guy involved in the hand that he thinks he had a straight. Both the dealer and the player shrug him off without much thought.

Was I in the wrong for not speaking up? What about Dewey?
Old 06-18-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On my 2nd table of the shootout we were 3 handed, winner moves onto the final table. On a board of AQJT8 the BB and I both tabled on our hands. I was holding A6 and he had A9. After he looks at my hand he says "chop chop" and the dealer agrees and starts dividing up the small pot. It was late so I didn't see that he had a straight until half the pot was being pushed to me. I ended up not saying anything. Midway through the next hand Dewey Tomko says to the other guy involved in the hand that he thinks he had a straight. Both the dealer and the player shrug him off without much thought.

Was I in the wrong for not speaking up? What about Dewey?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you were both wrong since the tabled cards speak and players are allowed to point out a dealer mistake.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:19 PM

It is the duty of every player to protect the integrity of the game. Any player who notices should politely bring the error to the attention of the dealer.