Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Are the Rio Satellites for the main event only?

Anyone know how many the nightly 9 PM megas have been drawing?

Especially the weekend ones?

Thanks.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:28 PM

What exactly is a mega-sat (buyin, # of people, etc...)?
Old 06-21-2007, 06:04 AM

the rio has sng's around the clock, as someone earlier mentioned. there are 125, 175, 225, 325, 525, and 1030 buy ins i think those are exact, if not, they're close) Each one is winner takes all, but most chop near the end. the low buy ins are sort of a crap shoot, you get 1000 chips with 15 min. levels. by the 3rd round, most of the the table is short stacked, unless you are fotunate to have sevarl people bust out before then. you gotta get chips fast, it becomes an all in fest too quickly. of course, this is all my opinion. maybe i am just bitter because i have been all in with the best hand 8 out of 10 times and lost 6 of those times, but we all know how that goes...
Old 06-21-2007, 09:57 AM

They should start having the 2nd chance tourney's the 2nd week in July once the people start getting knocked out of the ME.

Those events will cost $550 and will be for cash prizes.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the rio has sng's around the clock, as someone earlier mentioned. there are 125, 175, 225, 325, 525, and 1030 buy ins i think those are exact, if not, they're close) Each one is winner takes all, but most chop near the end. the low buy ins are sort of a crap shoot, you get 1000 chips with 15 min. levels. by the 3rd round, most of the the table is short stacked, unless you are fotunate to have sevarl people bust out before then. you gotta get chips fast, it becomes an all in fest too quickly. of course, this is all my opinion. maybe i am just bitter because i have been all in with the best hand 8 out of 10 times and lost 6 of those times, but we all know how that goes...

[/ QUOTE ]

So none of the single table satellites have more than one winner? Do any of these pay for second or third place like online? I thought I read that they would have some that pay for more than just first place. Can someone confirm this?

I think the megas and super satellites are only for the Main Event but the single table satellites are for all events.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:18 PM

No, for the most part there is only one winner in the SNG's, as they are intended to be Satallites for the other events.

Used to be when it got down to heads up most would chop, but since all you get is either a seat in the ME or lammers, that's kind of fallen by the wayside.

In years past one way to make money off of the lammers, was to go play in another event, and buy up the seats with the lammers (the other players would give you their cash, and you'd pay for their seats with your lammers), but they did away with that 2 years ago, and now you can't really make money at the WSOP in SNG's.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:26 PM

So if you win the single table satellite you get cash and lammers and can then use the lammers to enter any WSOP event, enter another satellite or sell them back to someone else for cash right?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, for the most part there is only one winner in the SNG's, as they are intended to be Satallites for the other events.

Used to be when it got down to heads up most would chop, but since all you get is either a seat in the ME or lammers, that's kind of fallen by the wayside.

In years past one way to make money off of the lammers, was to go play in another event, and buy up the seats with the lammers (the other players would give you their cash, and you'd pay for their seats with your lammers), but they did away with that 2 years ago, and now you can't really make money at the WSOP in SNG's.

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience with SNGs this year does not match this statement. I played in a number of $225 and below SNGs, they payout 1st place only, in $500 lamers + cash, and there were often chops/deals made head up. Also the lamers can be sold to people waiting in line at the cage, in fact this is what the folks running the SNGs suggest. I sold a number of them at full cash value with no problems (other than feeling kind of goofy the first time).

You can most certainly make money at the WSOP SNGs (I did, but the 2/5NL live game was much juicier), and the lower buyin ones play more or less like a $10 turbo SNG online.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:43 PM

what the [censored] is a lamer?
Old 06-21-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know how many the nightly 9 PM megas have been drawing?

Especially the weekend ones?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not much help, but I know there were 78 people or so on two Saturdays ago. $1,000 super.