Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 05:04 PM

Default 25 Max: TPGK but paired board against blind stealer?

Only read on villain is that he has been raising from the button to steal blinds, haven't played enough hands with him to have anything else reliable (around 2 orbits). I've been at 21/16 if he's noticed.

Thoughts on both flop and turn? As this hand was being played, I fully realized I didn't really know what to do. In hindsight, looking it over, I wish I had reraised preflop (been running kinda bad so I was nitting it up and I hate playing hands like AQ OOP). Then I would have led out flop and shut down to a raise.

As for my shove on the turn, I hate it now, but I thought it was a good idea at the time.. I'm lost, help me?

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

MP ($16.95)
Button ($27.90)
SB ($18.70)
Hero ($50)
UTG ($48.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, Button calls $7.

Turn: ($22.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $39 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $16.90 (All-In).
Old 06-18-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: 25 Max: TPGK but paired board against blind stealer?

Yeah this looks fine. Villain could have a lot of weaker aces here, and any ace seems to be in his BTN opening range here.

you already know preflop is an easy 3bet
Old 06-18-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah this looks fine. Villain could have a lot of weaker aces here, and any ace seems to be in his BTN opening range here.

you already know preflop is an easy 3bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you shut down after he calls the check raise on the flop? I feel like in hindsight this turn bet is total spew, but I'm not sure.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:21 PM

Raise preflop to 3 for starters. Let's punish his loose raises and take the initiative. The very worst thing you can do with AQ preflop is call against a button raise because you are in the dark postflop.

The checkraise is horrendous. What are you trying to achieve here. You will knock out most weaker aces, AJ is a MILE ahead of you. AQ is probably the only hand you are pushing out here.

The fact that he called the c/r on the flop leads me to think we are beat. He defined his hand as. The flop has paired and I am NOT scared.

Now lets look at it if we 3-bet preflop. If he calls and we lead this flop and he raises we can fold a hand we know is beat. If he folds preflop we dont have to play a situation where we have a horrible OOP hand. If he wants to get AI preflop we can fold knowing we made the right decision.

Make things easy for yourself, even if you want to nit it up. Still make it easy!