Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: What\'s so bad about amnesty?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I'm wondering how much of the outcry against amnesty has to do with actual, concrete negative consequences this would have on current citizens? (And what are those negative consequences?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Negatives:

- More crime (the Hispanic crime rate is about 3 times that of white Americans).

[/ QUOTE ]

Site please (or a retraction if the site does not adjust for income).

[/ QUOTE ]

Adjusting for income is completely relevant .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. I can't say that I am surprised that you copped out. It gives great insight into the type of person that you are.

The rest of the world knows that crime is generally associated to economic status. By willfully ignoring this reality you show YOUR true color.

Correlation does not equal causation. Well, for the ignorant it might I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't denied that there is a link between crime and economic status.

What I am saying, and this is a fact, is that the current Mexican illegal immigrants and their descendants will, on average, have a lower economic status (with only 4% college educated you don't have to be a Nazi to find this unsurprising), and thus commit more crime.

Please elaborate on what you mean by 'true color'.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I'm wondering how much of the outcry against amnesty has to do with actual, concrete negative consequences this would have on current citizens? (And what are those negative consequences?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Negatives:

- More crime (the Hispanic crime rate is about 3 times that of white Americans).

[/ QUOTE ]

Site please (or a retraction if the site does not adjust for income).

[/ QUOTE ]

Adjusting for income is completely relevant .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. I can't say that I am surprised that you copped out. It gives great insight into the type of person that you are.

The rest of the world knows that crime is generally associated to economic status. By willfully ignoring this reality you show YOUR true color.

Correlation does not equal causation. Well, for the ignorant it might I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't denied that there is a link between crime and economic status.

What I am saying, and this is a fact, is that the current Mexican immigrants and their descendants will, on average, have a lower economic status, and thus commit more crime.

Please elaborate on what you mean by 'true color'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you show all of your work in calculating the pluses and minuses in allowing amnesty to show that you do not have a bias. It seems to me you are cherry picking.

Willfully putting forth biased statistics is disingenuous. Dogging the direct question of asking you to put statistics that normalize for economics and then saying 'i don't deny there is a connection between economics and crime' when called to the mat on it isn't really a reasonable way to assess the situation.

You put out statistics that are disingenuous and then get all vague when called on it.

I don't know where your being 'colored' comes from but it is pretty clear you have a bias. Why don't you share with us what is behind that bias, what are the causative factors in your view.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:35 PM

Um am I crazy or are you guys arguing the same point? Economic status and crime are linked. Poor people are more likely to commit crimes. Unskilled illegal immigrants are likely to remain poor for the near future, and there would therefore be a decent chance they will commit crimes. I think thats a pretty stupid reason to be against "amnesty," but I don't understand how you can argue against that fact.

I am from the DC suburbs in Prince Georges County and we have a huge problem with latino gangs, specifically MS13, we had a week a few months ago where something like 6 people were stabbed in a gang war. It seems kind of obvious that more illegal immigrants = more crime, just as more working poor = more crime. Its not saying "Oh they might be criminals because they are latino" its "they might be criminals beacuse they are poor, who have a larger chance of committing violent crimes."

Anyways, yes, saying that the hispanic crime rate is 3x the white one is a retarded fact. I'm sure that if you compared poor whites to poor latinos they would have similar crime rates, and same with middle class/upper class etc. The thing is, there isn't some massive influx of poor white people as there is latinos. Millions of new lower class people = millions of new potential criminals. "Race" has nothing to do with it.

Oh and note that personaly I am for "amnesty" or whatever PC BS term they use next. The location and conditions a person is born into should not impact what they can do with their life.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:43 PM

It's pretty simple really.

Why the hell should anyone get to jump the fence? There are millions of talented, useful and technically skilled people who want to migrate to the US (as well as some genuinely needy refugees), and yet millions of unskilled, poorly educated people who can't cut it at home, are allowed to flood in through the border. Taking on such human trash is not how you build a great or diverse country.

This has nothing to do with race.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why the hell should anyone get to jump the fence? There are millions of talented, useful and technically skilled people who want to migrate to the US (as well as some genuinely needy refugees), and yet millions of unskilled, poorly educated people who can't cut it at home, are allowed to flood in through the border. Taking on such human trash is not how you build a great or diverse country.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya I know seriously, we should be letting in only rich successful intelligent white europeans. It has nothing to do with race and everything in building a diverse country.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya I know seriously, we should be letting in only rich successful intelligent white europeans. It has nothing to do with race and everything in building a diverse country.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or Indians (there are millions with high intelligence and advanced technical skills that the US needs)
Or Chinese
Or Japanese
Or Koreans
Or Arabs
Or Europeans
Or Russians
Or South Africans
Or Brazilians
Or Mexicans

All of these countries have great candidates capable of contributing significantly to society, who are queuing up while human trash jumps the fence.

Did you even read my post?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, you just redefined the question by setting a bunch of assumptions to "answer" the questions the OP asked. Begging the question 101.

OP asks, essentially, what's the basis for saying these people shouldn't be here. You don't answer the question, you just set the legitimacy of keeping them out as a given.

question: "Why should pot be legalized?"
"answer": "Why the hell should anyone get to smoke pot?"

You haven't provided any answer. You haven't demonstrated any legitimate authority to regulate other people's actions. All you've done is spew rhetoric.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You haven't provided any answer. You haven't demonstrated any legitimate authority to regulate other people's actions. All you've done is spew rhetoric.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rhetoric?? WTF? Learn to read pvn.

You don't understand the principle of restricting migrants to those which can contribute significantly to society, or have significant need (such as refugees)?

According to your worldview, why don't you just open the US to anyone who wants to come? I'm sure it'd be a nice place with a billion people in it.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Or Indians (there are millions with high intelligence and advanced technical skills that the US needs)
Or Chinese
Or Japanese
Or Koreans
Or Arabs
Or Europeans
Or Russians
Or South Africans
Or Brazilians
Or Mexicans

All of these countries have great candidates capable of contributing significantly to society, who are queuing up while human trash jumps the fence.

Did you even read my post?

[/ QUOTE ]

calling people you never met human trash is pretty [censored] ignorant. Maybe you will be some day blessed with a child that is severely handicapped and you can enjoy people [censored] all over your 'piece of trash'.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rhetoric?? WTF? Learn to read pvn.

You don't understand the principle of restricting migrants to those which can contribute significantly to society, or have significant need (such as refugees)?

According to your worldview, why don't you just open the US to anyone who wants to come? I'm sure it'd be a nice place with a billion people in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is exactly what Bush wants to do. I also think that many people haven't considered the ultimate effects of importing not only large, but limitless, numbers of individuals possessing 19th-century skill sets into a 21st-century setting.