Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 12:41 PM

Default When your pp gets capped pf and on the flop

I'm sure this situation is a leak in my play.

Hand 1 - Villian is a TAG who I haven't seen get fancy.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]], A[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]].
<font color="Red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="Gray">3 folds</font>, <font color="Red">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="Red">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], 4[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], 6[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] <font color="Blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="Red">BB bets</font>, <font color="Red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="Red">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="Red">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 4[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] <font color="Blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="Red">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) K[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] <font color="Blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="Red">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Hand 2

Although this isn't a blind defense, I've been stealing quite frequently and I think CO in particular was beginning to get annoyed with me and waiting for an opportunity to play back.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]], K[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]].
<font color="Red">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="Red">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="Gray">3 folds</font>, <font color="Red">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 2[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]], 3[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], 2[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] <font color="Blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="Red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="Red">MP raises</font>, <font color="Red">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="Red">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) 5[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] <font color="Blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="Red">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (14.75 BB) T[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] <font color="Blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
Old 06-18-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: When your pp gets capped pf and on the flop

Hand 1 I find one more raise on the turn or river. No reason to fear he has a flush given the preflop action. If villian held AcKc, then oh well.

Hand 2, don't check the turn unless you are going for a c/r.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:51 PM

hand 1 BBs play is pretty wierd, leading out into a capper on the flop and turn. I would call his flop 3bet to raise the turn, and as played I would put in 1 last raise on the turn. there aren't very many combinations of sets and flushes that he can have here, and his play is consistent with QQ KK. plus you have the nut flush redraw.

hand 2 bet the turn
Old 06-18-2007, 12:53 PM

Hand 1: Raise the turn and call down to further aggression.

Hand 2: Bet the turn and call down to further aggression.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If villian held AcKc, then oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain can't have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2007, 12:56 PM

I think you have to raise the turn in hand 1. You really shouldnt worry about the flush and you have a good redraw anyway.

I would bet/call the turn in hand 2. Again I am not that worried about the flush. Maybe if MP raises the field I could fold
Old 06-18-2007, 02:22 PM

grunching

hand 1- What kind of a PF 3bet range hits this flop? You have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so chances of him having a flush are pretty slim. Only hand that beats you that I can see is 88. So definitely raise turn. I could even cap turn, but it might be spew.

hand2- Why not lead turn? You capped, the flush isn't a certainty and you don't want them to check around and see a fourth club hit river. If raised, calldown. If facing two more bets it would maybe be too expensive to continue. And it would really suck if CO would cap it after you call. But I don't know if I could lay it down while playing, maybe if running bad. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Raise the turn and call down to further aggression.

Hand 2: Bet the turn and call down to further aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-18-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If villian held AcKc, then oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain can't have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My hand reading skills are impeccable.