Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 07:36 AM

Default Small blind play - a few questions

Assume you just came to the table and the regulars (tag and lag) probably view you as a pretty standard tag (20/16 or so) from a small sample of earlier play. The big blind player is also a tag. All players have 100bb stacks.

1. A fish (60/5/0.5) limps. and others fold. Do you complete with (a)suited one gappers? (b)Suited two gappers? (c) Suited aces? (d) Qto?

2. A tag (20/16) openraises from co. Do you 3-bet (a)66 (b)22 (c)KQo?

3. It's folded to you in SB, what's your opening range against (a) a tag that seems solid? (b) against the 60/5/0.5 fish? Do you opencomplete some hands against the fish?
Old 06-18-2007, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Small blind play - a few questions

[ QUOTE ]
Assume you just came to the table and the regulars (tag and lag) probably view you as a pretty standard tag (20/16 or so) from a small sample of earlier play. The big blind player is also a tag. All players have 100bb stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

1. A fish (60/5/0.5) limps. and others fold. Do you complete with (a)suited one gappers? (b)Suited two gappers? (c) Suited aces? (d) Qto?

[/ QUOTE ]

a+b+c+d

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe c - with 66 and 22 I prefer calling

[ QUOTE ]

3. It's folded to you in SB, what's your opening range against (a) a tag that seems solid? (b) against the 60/5/0.5 fish? Do you opencomplete some hands against the fish?

[/ QUOTE ]

a) 22+, any Broadway, suited cons, suited one-gappers, Axs, Kxs
b) like a + connectors and Axo Hands

c) there is no opencompleting in my game
Old 06-18-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Small blind play - a few questions

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A+B+C and sometimes D.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will definitley fold KQo w/o hesitation. W/ 66 and 22 I most likely call and sometimes 3-bet. W/ 22 I actually fold quite a bit, cause I hate to play the lowest pair OOP, at least when our implied odds are a bit low. I would be more inclined to call if he opened from UTG.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A: 22+, A7o+, A2s+, SC and hands like QTs or better.
B: I think I'm inclined to complete w/ my weaker hand, cause the fish is probably going to call light on later streets, i.e. I want to see a cheap flop.