Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 09:30 AM

Default 10 NL 55 facing turn AI

Villain is an average 10 NLer and had just lost a big hand if that matters. Whats hero's action, I felt I was still ahead in the hand. Thoughts please.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $11.10
BB: $5.00
UTG: $16.35
Hero (CO): $10.10
BTN: $4.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, BTN calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.70</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.40</font>, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: ($3.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets all-in for $2.75</font>, Hero ???
Old 06-18-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: 10 NL 55 facing turn AI

I probably would have either folded or raised all in after his re-raise on the flop because he has little money left... with an almost $4 pot after the flop you have to figure his last $3 is going to find its way into it as well at some point in the hand unless you can shut him down w/ a shove. Against a bigger stack I would have leaned heavier towards the fold side because its not worth it to me to get stacked w/ pocket 5's and 1 over (but perhaps that is just me).

As for what actually happened and you play on the turn - If you feel like you had him beat and he was tilting or something then perhaps you should call the turn because there is a decent chance he is bluffing or semi bluffing and you are getting 3 to 1 on your money.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:09 AM

Default Re: 10 NL 55 facing turn AI

Just let it go on the flop

I doubt you're ahead of his range - you beat 2x/3x/ pocket ivs
and have only 2 outs -bet the flop and fold -or check-call/fold the flop.

You're against a shortie 1/2 stack so when your pfr is called -either cbet/getting AI or c/folding.

if you think he's tliting with overcards/44 then c/call turn to induce a bluff as you played -but I don't like it - you're stack him l8er in a better positon if he's tilting.