Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 06:01 AM

Default Restealing

Ok so I see alot about defending your blinds and restealing. I also read alot about defending blinds often being overplayed. I dont have alot of experience with restealing so im lookin for some advice. What are the most important factors that I should look for when making this type of play. Stack size relative to blinds, FE, the type of player, the certainty he is stealing? All of these sound good but in the middle of an MTT lets say 8K in chips 100/200 you notice an aggressive player who raises alot with marginal hands bumps up your BB to 800? Is it better to bring it up to 2500, leaving yourself with 5500. What if your called and the flop misses you out of position. When do you typically lead out again or give up if your resteal gets called. Would it be better to call a button raise in the BB and lead out for 3/4 pot against a tighter player who you know is capable of folding if the texture of the flop is not favorable for him. These are some of the things Ive been thinking about lately and I wanna get some input from some of ya. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just saw a resteal thread on this page that looked like it had some useful info. Anyways i still want comments if your up to it.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Restealing

To re-steal you don't need a hand. You need guts.

If you're in the middle of a tournament and you see this aggressive guy that is bullying everybody with his raisings, you have to stop him. And for me the way to stop is to go on top of him with an amount that hurts him if he calls and loses.

And, if he calls you, unless he has a top pair or your hand is dominated, you are most of the time just a 2-1 underdog. Don't wait until your stack is so little that you don't hurt him if he calls and loses.

Note: try to pick the players by their stacks and their playing so far. Middle stack and active players are the best to re-steal. Don't mess with the guy with huge stack nor with a guy that was waiting for a hand and is now playing with 2 bullets.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Restealing

these should pretty much answer your questions.

If you have any specific follow up questions after reading them let me know.

Steve

[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...533&page=0

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...101&page=0

[/ QUOTE ]