Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Disappointed with Pokernews coverage

Finally found the results of the completed tourneys.

It was located in the Prizepool and payouts section.

Once the event is ITM the remaining players are listed.
Busted players ITM are listed with their payout amounts.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:37 AM

Note to TonyG,

When you spend the money to get the coverage you should budget enough to HIRE STAFF NEEDED TO DO THE JOB. I agree coverage blows..

Additionally by buying the coverage we're missing out on what PokerNews did so well last year, report the stories that Harrah's wouldn't want covered (issues with the dealers, issues with the cards being damaged and not replaced quickly. Maybe this year is so smooth there isn't as much bad stuff, maybe paying for the coverage muzzles the type of stories that can be covered.

All I can say is well done... maybe the sub contractor can sub contract to get better coverage. Look at the bright side, it'll all be over in a couple of weeks....
Old 06-15-2007, 06:12 PM

Well this one turned into a can of worms! The short answer is that I can't really give you an answer yet as this whole subject gets down to the nitty gritty of censorship and whether our reporters, article writers, and bloggers should be able to write what they like, or should they be representing us as a company. I looked at the specific post again and I definitely think Aaron made it clear that he was expressing his own opinion, so that leaves the two big questions: 1) should he be allowed to express his opinion, and 2) should we let him if the "company policy" (not yet determined, and no idea who would make that determination) does not agree with his comments.

My personal thought is that we need to let the reporters have free reign to express themselves, I think it makes for more interesting posts, but at the same time I just don't know yet how I feel about reporters editorializing within the WSOP updates. My initial thought was that they probably shouldn't, but right now I'm on the fence.

Sorry I couldn't give you a more definitive answer.

Paul
Poker Pages
Old 06-15-2007, 07:15 PM

I liked this bit from the 7CSHL tourney

[ QUOTE ]
# 16 minutes ago | Posted by change100
Sklansky Likes the Wheel

David Sklansky made a wheel in a four-way pot to increase his stack to 44,000. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-16-2007, 12:29 PM

The other problem is that last year PokerNews wouldn't have hesitated to run a story about having 2k players play in 100+ degree tent while keeping cash games/sats going.

This year nothing, don't bite the hand that feeds you...

OH WAIT you PAID for the privilege of keeping silent and being the PR flunkies for Harrahs. What a trick usually a company has to hire a PR firm, Harrahs just sold the rights to the WSOP and got a PR firm as part of the deal...

Feel free to take down that "Independent Poker Authority" banner on your web site. Nothing Independent here anymore... Just a bunch of Harrah's flunkies.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of you are underestimating what an undertaking covering six simultaneous tournaments is.

[/ QUOTE ]

They bid to get it. If they can't handle the job they should not have signed up. This is a disgrace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't read the entire thread so I apolgise if this has already come up.

But when in the history of the WSOP ever had 6 tournaments running simultaneously? Ironically I believe I read in Pokernews a few days back that it was the first time they ever had 4 running simultaneously.

Firstly; FT should have a hand for hand coverage. Chip stacks when the blinds are this high change frequently and make the way hands are played out different. I had to manually keep track of chip stacks when watchin G Smith's FT. If I can do this while "working" y can't Pokernews?

Internet streaming is [censored] give me a live audience, when it goes on TV watch the [censored] atmosphere and bad tv it will create. (I could be wrong if they are not airing that FT, it would be a disgrace not to show PH winning his 11th, like how they dodged showing his 10th.)

Pokernews, WSOP Go F*** yourselves.

***END RANT***

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand ESPN is on a schedule, and we probably shouldn't make it the World Series of Hellmuth, but I'm still shocked they didn't tape either of his NL final tables(5k and win) which were absolutely STACKED tables, let alone him just going for #10.

They won't be airing #11 either, Bluff owns the rights and aparently they told ESPN to [censored] off.(I could be wrong, but I read it somewhere). I am one who loves watching the live finals, but I never realized how much taking a crowd out just kills the excitement/atmosphere. I think itd be 100x better if they didn't have hole cards and just let it go live with a audience.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:06 PM

Apparenly Eli Elezra likes our coverage so far, says so in his video in this gallery:

http://www.pokernews.com/live-report...t=33&e=129
Old 06-18-2007, 05:38 AM

Eli Elezra has less than 300 posts here, so his opinion is unimportant.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eli Elezra is a donk, so his opinion is unimportant.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-18-2007, 12:37 PM

Barry Greenstein called Eli 'easily the best player at the 7-stud hi/lo final table' in our interview yesterday. You underestimate Eli because of HSP.