Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: FLORIDA ALLOWING POKER GAME STAKES TO BE RAISED IN JULY!

The ante action poker is what the Hard Rock Tampa offers. Derby Lane has a different version of action $2 hold 'em - raise or fold, no calling. $8 to see the flop. It can check around on flop, turn and/or river but I've never seen that happen.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:51 PM

As poker players we do have considerable influence over the games offered in cardrooms. Bend the ear of the cardroom manager, the shift managers and the podium brushes and let them know what games you’d prefer. If the managers don’t know that you want to play a certain game they won’t offer it. If your room doesn’t offer a 1-5 spread hold ‘em or a pink chip game and that’s what you want simply ask to start an interest list.

Also important for us as players is for the cardroom to have a posted list of authorized games and wagering limits offered by the cardroom per 849.086. Maybe we can nudge the cardroom managers to list potential games on the chance that there will be enough future interest for them.

849.086 Cardrooms authorized
(7) CONDITIONS FOR OPERATING A CARDROOM.--
d) Each cardroom operator shall conspicuously post upon the premises of the cardroom a notice which contains a copy of the cardroom license; a list of authorized games offered by the cardroom; the wagering limits imposed by the house, if any; any additional house rules regarding operation of the cardroom or the playing of any game; and all costs to players to participate, including any rake by the house. In addition, each cardroom operator shall post at each table a notice of the minimum and maximum bets authorized at such table and the fee for participation in the game conducted

849.086 - full statute prior to passing of 752
Old 06-17-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'm just looking forward to having games there that can be moderately profitable and not completely 1/2 limit-retarded for occasionally getting out of the everyday online-grind.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the every day work-grind.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which would you, as players prefer?

1-5 spread limit hold'em
2-5 spread limit hold'em
2-4 limit holdem
2.50 and 5.00 limit hold'em

[/ QUOTE ]

We'd like the highest possible limits with the lowest rake.

We know that you won't lower the rake, but the highest limits negate the rake as much as possible.

We would like high-end MTTs and STTs offered at least once a week where the rake is 10% or less. This at least gives us a chance to win, which is what all of us FL residents are looking forward to.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Florida Poker

[ QUOTE ]
On the same note, does anyone have any input on the buy-in minimum for the no limit games? I fully understand how the statute is written and the buy-in will not exceed $100. However, I am wondering what you all think the low end allowable buy in for a 1-2 NL and 2-3 NL blind games should be?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we're limited enough already with the stakes. $100 min/max sounds fine if that's the best we're going to get with the max right now. We don't want to have to deal with donks buying in short too.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:54 AM

facepull - I'm just watching the debate unfold from the rail. That Sarasota poker room manager is being WAY more aggressive than I would counsel a client to be with the new law ... but God bless him if he can convince a court he's right.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:04 AM

Other than South Carolina(blame that dumb bitch who asphyxiated her child), has anyone in the last 15 years or so, rolled back gaming? I know Delaware cancelled the sports lottery, but that was because it was lame. I hope the cardroom managers are aggressive, because gambling never seems to recede. Opposition is usually upfront. I've not heard big grumblings from Mississippi or Indiana to end gambling, both red state as red state gets. I am thinking with the rarity of the Fla legislature meetings, anything that gets accepted as normal practice will stick. The pseudo-Christian whackjobs arent really interested in minutiae fights, once the press is gone, and things get inertia, it stays.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:02 AM

For all of you who are adamant about having a NL game with more than a $100 buy-in ... just chill out. It's clear that the state has relaxed its stance on poker as we're going to see new changes to every card room. It should be a successful one. With that being the case, demand will rise for higher games (with higher rakes, perhaps), and the state, when shown that it can make more money, will allow it. All we need to do is sit tight.

For now, let's make the old folks who call two raises cold with K4o BLEED!!!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 11:11 AM

what i'm worried about is not him spreading games that might not be legal but in fact using them as excuses to rape poker players. higher vigorish for tournaments, higher rake including a idiotic time charge for small stakes. i know they must make money but the place i play at nothing is free. beers are like 3.50 coffee is 1.50. rake is a idiotic 10%5 max in a $2 game. the juice in tournies at jckc i think is the highest in the state. 33+17.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:17 AM

I would like to make a proposal to the various rooms in and around the Tampa area.

Provide a freeroll tourney for logging a certain amount of hours for the week/month. I know this is probably a pipe dream, but I'm hoping a little competition with these pokerrooms is in the cards(no pun intended), if not with freerolls, with some other avenues(including but not limited to free gifts, free food and drinks, lower rakes, and better tourney structures).

-FH-