Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: WSOP Mixed Holdem 5k event limit hand

[ QUOTE ]

I agree that had he bet the river a raise is clearly in order. Obv, a river lead is wildly different frmo the c/r here.

[/ QUOTE ]

My feeling while playing the hand was that it wasn't much different. My reasoning is that on the turn I thought I had accomplished my goal of trying to make him pretty certain that I did not have an overpair. I mean, if you're in his seat w/ AJ, you're pretty damn sure you have the best hand, no?

Not saying that this makes the 3 bet correct.

On an off note, how does everyone feel about Devin's turn/river line given the way I've played my hand and what I'm representing? Doesn't it seem that the c/r on the river is awful risky when it looks like I have a hand I can't bet on the end?
Old 06-05-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I agree that had he bet the river a raise is clearly in order. Obv, a river lead is wildly different frmo the c/r here.

[/ QUOTE ]

My feeling while playing the hand was that it wasn't much different. My reasoning is that on the turn I thought I had accomplished my goal of trying to make him pretty certain that I did not have an overpair. I mean, if you're in his seat w/ AJ, you're pretty damn sure you have the best hand, no?

Not saying that this makes the 3 bet correct.

On an off note, how does everyone feel about Devin's turn/river line given the way I've played my hand and what I'm representing? Doesn't it seem that the c/r on the river is awful risky when it looks like I have a hand I can't bet on the end?

[/ QUOTE ]

The last part is a lot of why I think the c/r is so different from the lead. It would be terrible to c/r with a Jack becasue you are never betting worse and are calling a ton of the time. A c/r with a big hand I do not like either, but it is clearly better than a c/r with only 1 pair since at least you can call and he can still win.

Given that, when he c/r the river I would be thinking that he was making a bad play with anything other than air - thus a 3 bet is worthless. And, if he doesnt have air, it is much more likely he has better than 1 pair (since c/r 1 pair is about the worst possible play of all options).
Old 06-08-2007, 03:39 AM

i would think devon is trying to bet/3bet the turn, when that failed he check raised the river. most of the time he has better than a jack. a small % of the time he has air. the river 3bet is bad against his range, id be rather surprised to see a bare jack get shown down.

-brad
Old 06-13-2007, 03:55 AM

How much experience does he have playing with you? A check on the river could indicate that he thinks you might fold to a bet, and is trying to induce a bluff, or that he may be representing AJ and correctly assumes you have an overpair. But yeah, I don't see much value in a river 3-bet.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does he really call here with anything worse?

[/ QUOTE ]